Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fishandcandy
Jul 10, 2006

Cheap pregnancy tests! Awesome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

SKeefe posted:

Well we just found out that the levels have only gone up to 275 so it looks like it's just a loving matter of time.

I can't imagine what you guys are going through... I'm so sorry. :(

Pixi
Apr 16, 2001

I am loved.

SKeefe posted:

Well we just found out that the levels have only gone up to 275 so it looks like it's just a loving matter of time.

That really sucks. So sorry :( I hope that things end quickly and as painlessly as possible -- that may sound weird, but a lingering miscarriage is pretty much rubbing salt in the wounds. I hope she heals quickly and that you guys can try again soon.

I know what you mean about it seeming like EVERYONE is pregnant. I work in L&D, amongst a very poor population, and it drives me crazy the people who come in. Not only poor, but druggies, teen moms, etc. A 17 year old should NOT have two babies under 2 at home, with a 3rd on the way. It's just WRONG. My job has turned me in to a bitter old hag before my time. Not that I don't love my job (I really, really do, and my patients consistently say that I'm awesome, so I guess the bitter hag side of me doesn't show).

On the tail of that charming aside... I started bleeding today! Cycle day 1, woohoo! I'm totally anxious to hop on the Clomid bandwagon.

Interestingly enough, the actual statistics regarding the effectiveness of Clomid are really encouraging. 80% of women will ovulate their first cycle, and 30% of those will get pregnant! That's crazy, especially considering that the average fertile couple only has a 20-25% chance any given month.

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

I guess I'll join in on this thread. Both me and my husband are 26 and decided it was time to start trying.

If you want really good vitamins, these are pretty awesome. I'm taking these ones now: http://www.supernutritionusa.com/productpages/simply_one_women.html

and when I get pregnant I plan on taking their prenatal. They're suppose to be really good for helping alleviate morning sickness. http://www.supernutritionusa.com/productpages/simply_one_prenatal.html

We decided to start trying at the beginning of the year. I went off birth control at the beginning of January so I'm guessing I wasn't fertile for the first 3 months. Last month I was visiting my parents by myself when I ovulated. I was 75% certain I got pregnant this month. I'm not entirely sure what my schedule is to the day, but I know the general week I ovulate and when to expect my period. I started spotting around the time I would have gotten implantation bleeding but ended up getting my period the next day. I didn't think I was going to get my period for another 5 days or so so that sucked :(

I'm being a bit more proactive this next time. I have my red raspberry leaf/nettle/peppermint tea and evening primrose pills I'm going to take till I ovulate and I ordered some cheap ovulation strips.

I hope I get pregnant this next month because then my due date will be my husband's birthday. I was suppose to be born on my dad's birthday, but I decided to come out 3 days early. Might as well keep up the tradition :3

My mom had 2 kids with no issue and her mom had 10 kids. I'm hoping some of that passed down to me.

ScottK
Jun 28, 2006
Well, "it" hasn't happened yet and now we are getting ready to go to our nephew's (who we love, don't get me wrong) 1st birthday party!

Aardvarklet
Aug 12, 2008

Alterian posted:

and when I get pregnant I plan on taking their prenatal. They're suppose to be really good for helping alleviate morning sickness. http://www.supernutritionusa.com/productpages/simply_one_prenatal.html

Where do you buy these? They look awesome, and they would alleviate my need to take an extra B-complex capsule every day. The fewer pills I have to swallow, the better.

I'm 8 days past ovulation right now and DYING to take a test, but I know it's pointless. UGH drat you cheap test strips tempting me from the cabinet.

SKeefe--sorry man. Hope everything goes as smoothly as possible.

Lannie
Nov 21, 2005

snookie snookeie snnnokeid

jennyinstereo posted:

Yup. I'm buying this tomorrow:

http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/midstreamtes.html

It's pretty decent for $25 and I've heard that these cheapo strips can be more accurate than more expensive stuff like Clear Blue Fertility Monitors. I'm going to try them out and whenever I see a dark line, I'm heading for the bedroom.

Jennnn! I just bought from there! :D

Hopping in on the starting to try soon bandwagon. I am sooooo beyond ready!

SKeefe, I'm really sorry for what you guys are going through. My thoughts are with you both.

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

Aardvarklet posted:

Where do you buy these? They look awesome, and they would alleviate my need to take an extra B-complex capsule every day. The fewer pills I have to swallow, the better.

I'm 8 days past ovulation right now and DYING to take a test, but I know it's pointless. UGH drat you cheap test strips tempting me from the cabinet.

SKeefe--sorry man. Hope everything goes as smoothly as possible.

They have a store locator here
http://www.supernutritionusa.com/store_locator.php

You can buy them through amazon as well
http://www.amazon.com/Simply-One-Prenatal-90-Tablets/dp/B000Z94YQW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1242504846&sr=8-2

They do have some different herbs in the vitamins so look them over and make sure they're the ones you want to take. Personally I'm going to take the one a day prenatals when I get pregnant because the regular ones where you have to take a couple a day have red raspberry leaf in them and I don't want to take that until the end of my pregnancy.

My husband and I are sort of dirty hippies and are into trying to get the best nutrition and these are the best vitamins we found for the price. They get it from natural food sources instead of creating them in the lab so your body can use it better. A warning though. You'll pee neon :)

Aardvarklet
Aug 12, 2008

Alterian posted:

They have a store locator here
http://www.supernutritionusa.com/store_locator.php

You can buy them through amazon as well
http://www.amazon.com/Simply-One-Prenatal-90-Tablets/dp/B000Z94YQW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1242504846&sr=8-2

They do have some different herbs in the vitamins so look them over and make sure they're the ones you want to take. Personally I'm going to take the one a day prenatals when I get pregnant because the regular ones where you have to take a couple a day have red raspberry leaf in them and I don't want to take that until the end of my pregnancy.

My husband and I are sort of dirty hippies and are into trying to get the best nutrition and these are the best vitamins we found for the price. They get it from natural food sources instead of creating them in the lab so your body can use it better. A warning though. You'll pee neon :)

Wow, how did I miss the store locator? I'm an idiot.

Bring on the highlighter pee! I missed it when I switched brands, but now that I'm taking a B-complex, we're back in business. :c00lbert:

Pixi
Apr 16, 2001

I am loved.
Hey, if anyone wants my copies of Getting Pregnant and Taking Charge of Your Fertility, I'd be happy to sell them for a very reasonable price. They run around $30 both on Amazon, so $20 shipped?

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

3 days past ovulation now... Here comes the parade of psychosomatic symptoms!

Crabsurd
Dec 19, 2006

Longpig posted:

I will be right there with you! Good luck!

Aardvarklet
Aug 12, 2008

Longpig posted:

You should see my litany of "symptoms" on Fertility Friend...all of which can be explained away by non-pregnancy-related causes. (Hungry? It's 5:30. Thirsty? Yeah maybe because I just ate a bunch of popcorn.)

Sally Slug
Jul 8, 2005

Ride, Sally, ride!
You jerks and this thread! After a few long conversations and the help of this thread pushing me over the edge, it looks like we are going to be attempting a March 2010 baby.

Oh God I'm so scared and excited to start. :ohdear:

qentiox
Nov 8, 2005

I like dragons.

Sally Slug posted:

You jerks and this thread! After a few long conversations and the help of this thread pushing me over the edge, it looks like we are going to be attempting a March 2010 baby.

Congrats, I hope it goes well!!

Pixi
Apr 16, 2001

I am loved.
Awesome, Sally Slug, hopefully your transition from trying to conceive to OMG PREGNANT will be a short one.

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

Sally Slug posted:

Awesome! Good luck! :D

Aardvarklet
Aug 12, 2008
Yay Sally!

I'm 10 days past ovulation today. I tested yesterday (yeah, I know) and got a negative. I'm just trying to tell myself it's still too early for a test to show anything, and I'm not going to test again until Thursday. I just don't know about this time. My husband got deathly ill on the day that I ovulated, so we just have to hope that all the sexin' leading up to that day was enough, I guess.

All this obsessing from a person who could barely be bothered to remember a birth control pill once a day for 7 years.

jennyinstereo
Jan 17, 2007

[rocking faces since the 80s]

Sally Slug posted:

Woohoo! Wait, March? So that means.... You will start trying asap.. to get pregnant in July? YAY! Congrats :) I'm excited for us both!!!!

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
This thread is a boon. The first kid took 1 month to make. We've been at it trying for the 2nd for a year now.

Isis Q. Dylan
Feb 19, 2008

Don't wanna be your man, just wanna play with you.

BDawg posted:

We've been at it trying for the 2nd for a year now.

THIS. I am so afraid of this. I guess I shouldn't be greedy and happy with one, but I'd like Dex to have a brother or sister.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Isis Q. Dylan posted:

THIS. I am so afraid of this. I guess I shouldn't be greedy and happy with one, but I'd like Dex to have a brother or sister.

And I'd love for my son to have a brother or sister too. We've told ourselves that if we can't do it, we're going to be blessed with one and no go like the Octomom or that bitch Kate.

Papaya
Apr 4, 2005

I'm a creepy furry who feels entitled to other people's babies, but only if they are white. Yiff!
Ugh, well, we were going to try to have kids and all, but even if the results of the SA are good tomorrow, we're putting kids on hold :( My husband got laid off today.

If it's not one thing it's another. At least I'm not already pregnant I guess!

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

Aw man, that sucks, I'm sorry. I hope things work out for you guys soon.

Papaya
Apr 4, 2005

I'm a creepy furry who feels entitled to other people's babies, but only if they are white. Yiff!
Got the SA results back - still azoospermia! Nothing new. I have not ovulated yet but thank god it doesn't matter anymore to try to get the timing down since we don't have any live sperm in the works. :(

This fertility doctor was pretty nice. What I had read online about varocicoele removal was pretty brutal, but this guy said that what they do is much simpler than what I'd read and (which is good because my husband vetoed the original procedure I'd looked up, heh) instead of a high recurrence rate of the veins, there is only like a 2% or so recurrence rate so if my husband has the veins corrected then we're pretty much smooth sailing to sperm production. I mean, we'll still only have one nut to work with but that should give us enough to do some IUI or IVF. I might get to actually have my husband's kids! :D

So in spite of the lay offs and no sperm count, today was some good news and also - I think I got a job :dance: Training starts Thursday evening. I get to run around at a PetSmart and attempt to get people to buy my brand of dog food :3: Basically - it's playing with dogs and chattin' it up all during my shift. I can so do that.

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

I got Taking Charge of Your Fertility yesterday. It was pretty interesting. I knew a lot about the basics of the female and male parts but it was neat to learn exactly what was going on with what hormone that caused such and such. Its a thick book, but I was able to read through the important parts in an evening. (didn't need to read the parts about birth control) I'm going to start tracking and see how that goes. If I ever have a daughter I'll definitely get her to read some of the chapters around the time she learns about her period and her body and stuff like that. It talks about things that I never learned about in health class, like cervical fluid. I always thought I was just gross and dischargy every once in a while. It was nice to know that its all perfectly natural and not gross and a lot of girls feel the same way cause they never learn about that stuff.

It comes with diagrams and images of cervical fluid!

Aardvarklet
Aug 12, 2008
e: ^^^^I had that same thought when I first got the book--why doesn't somebody teach us this stuff when we're younger?! Then I realized it's probably because a lot of adults don't even know it. I'm planning to do the same thing if we have a daughter.

Glad you got good news, Papaya! I think I would love a job where I got to hang out with dogs all day.

In other news, I'm pregnant. Got two positive tests yesterday at different times of day and another one this morning.

It hasn't really sunk in yet, and it's still so early (only 12 days past ovulation), but I think right now we're most excited that our stuff officially works. I was always kind of surprised that in 8 years of mostly remembering to take my birth control pills, we never once had an "oops," so I'm just glad everything's functioning.

Now we're hoping it sticks.

Sally Slug
Jul 8, 2005

Ride, Sally, ride!
Aardvarklet! That's great news!

I started taking a prenatal to get all that yummy folic acid in my system. I took one last night and woke up with a killer headache this morning. Am I crazy for thinking the two might be related? Tell me I'm crazy please!

Lannie
Nov 21, 2005

snookie snookeie snnnokeid
Papaya, good luck with the new job! Sorry to hear about your husband getting laid off. It's a terrible feeling. Especially during such stressful times. My husband and I were both laid off recently (him in Feb, me in Mar) and it sucks. Just know that it gets better. It took him about 2 months to get a new job, but it's a great job with even better pay. We'll keep our fingers crossed for you guys!

Aardvarklet, yay! Congrats!!!

In other news, my ovulation strips should be here either today or tomorrow. I'm so excited! :D My husband also ordered some new baby books for me. I can't wait to read them.

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

Sally Slug posted:

Aardvarklet! That's great news!

I started taking a prenatal to get all that yummy folic acid in my system. I took one last night and woke up with a killer headache this morning. Am I crazy for thinking the two might be related? Tell me I'm crazy please!

I took my vitamin on an empty stomach last night because I forgot to take it at dinner and I have a killer headache today. A quick google search says some people get them like that I guess. I'm going to get a pill cutter today I think and start cutting up my daily vitamins and take them twice a day when I take my evening primrose.

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

Yayyy Aarvarklet! :D

6 days past ovulation here and I just got weepy over an episode of old Star Trek. Does that count as a symptom or just being retarded? :v:

Sally Slug
Jul 8, 2005

Ride, Sally, ride!
Well that depends, which episode was it? :v:

My first symptom last time was being a hysterical mess from about 5 days past ovulation on. I actually threw up from crying too hard after watching The Fountain. Seriously! Strangely about 3 days after getting a positive result my emotions mellowed out but before that the slightest thing would set me off.

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

The Conscience of the King... and after that, I got all misty at the end of The Balance of Terror! O_o

Noooes... those poor Romulans... ;_;

Lealoo
Nov 29, 2005

Congrats Aardvarklet! I'm totally lurking here since I'm due in 10 days and we definitely don't plan on more kids, but I've always found fertility very interesting.

jennyinstereo
Jan 17, 2007

[rocking faces since the 80s]

Aardvarklet posted:

In other news, I'm pregnant.

Woohoo!!! Congrats! I can't wait to join the club too!

In my other news, my sister is freaking out about being pregnant. I thought I'd be a paranoid mess, but I think she's got me beat. She's convinced that she's got an ectopic pregnancy. I have no idea why. Also, in Ireland, they don't test HCG levels (she's living in Ireland). Are they supposed to? I am not really familiar with it.

Chickalicious
Apr 13, 2005

We are the ones we've been waiting for.

Aardvarklet posted:

Yay Sally!

I'm 10 days past ovulation today. I tested yesterday (yeah, I know) and got a negative. I'm just trying to tell myself it's still too early for a test to show anything, and I'm not going to test again until Thursday. I just don't know about this time. My husband got deathly ill on the day that I ovulated, so we just have to hope that all the sexin' leading up to that day was enough, I guess.

All this obsessing from a person who could barely be bothered to remember a birth control pill once a day for 7 years.

Congratulations, Aardvarklet!!

I was at a bridal shower tonight and got to hold the cutest baby ever. My ovaries were screaming at me. Man, I hope this happens soon for me.

Crabsurd
Dec 19, 2006
Congrats Aardvarklet!

I am feeling decidedly un-pregnant. Dammit.

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

Yeah, I'm not getting anything either, other than the Star Trek weepies. :/

Aardvarklet
Aug 12, 2008
Thanks everyone! So far so good. I keep peeing on sticks every day just to be sure, haha.

Keep the faith, ladies--I felt absolutely nothing, and I still really don't feel anything except a lot of energy. And that just started yesterday. I feel like I'm back in high school popping my friend's Adderall. Other than that, no sore boobs, no nausea, nothing. It's pretty early though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamzilla
Jan 13, 2005

All butt since 2012.

Aard, I had no symptoms whatsoever and wouldn't have known I was pregnant cept for the ultrasound and blood tests. Now, of course, it's the growing belly and movements. :)

• Locked thread