Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Heartless
Nov 7, 2006
When all is said and done.
Jumping on this bandwagon.

I just have a lot of things working against me. Like PCOS (that itself is the biggest issue) along with my husbands current deployment. So, I came off birth control last September, and I started Metformin last month (Thanks Met for inducing a 2 week long period though!) and now I have a couple months before my husband comes home to try and regulate myself.

I'm hoping the Metformin will push me into a more normal cycle. Since I went off birth control it's been anywhere from 26-44 days. And HOPEFULLY ovulate. My husbands so excited to have a baby, but I don't think he realizes it might not happen as fast as he wants it to due to my problems. But we'll see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Heartless
Nov 7, 2006
Well, me and my husband both have agreed that it's time to start trying. Apparently this island does magical thing to peoples fertility seeing as how there are 4 pregnant women on my street alone.. And at least 3-4 other women with kids under 2. My street only has 20 houses, too.

I have PCOS so I've been on the pill for the past 6 years and last November I decided to come off of it because my husband and I were about to be separated (yay, military life) for a couple of months. I also started low carbing around that time. My cycles kind of went like this:

December: None.
January 18th-24th: Regular period.
February 19th-14th: Regular period, maybe a little lighter.
March 15th I spotted.. But I picked my husband up that night, we had sex, no more period at all.
April 20th & 21st: Super light spotting that I only noticed when I wiped.

Now, I had been keeping track of everything on a program on my phone and it predicts ovulation or whatnot. Well, It says that on May 3-6th I should have ovulated. My husband and I had sex on the 3rd and 4th but I didn't even think about any of it.

I also, last week started taking Metformin again. I eat pretty low carb so I only take 500mg a day or else I get way too sick. Well, 3 or 4 days after I started Metformin I got egg white mucus and a lot of it (maybe I spontaneously ovulated then?). Then my breasts got so sore it hurt to wear a bra and I've never had that happen. I've also been pretty sick and I'm losing about .5-1 lb a day, which very well could be the Metformin.

Also, I don't know if my March period disappeared because we were getting ready to move to a new country and I was just beyond stressed out. But I figured my April one would be normal and maybe a little heavier. I've also lost weight, over 10% of my body weight, I'm still over weight, but it's a work in progress. So I guess that could be effecting my periods.

Basically, I'm just a nutcase right now. I need to find a group of doctors here, but unfortunately my options in Guam are basic military Dr's.. There aren't any Reproductive Endocrinologists here on the island, only regular Endocrinologists. And there's no fertility clinics out in town either.

Either way, within the next week 3 things will happen. 1, I get my period. 2, I get a positive pregnancy test. 3, my period has disappeared and I'll probably need provera to make it come back.

The Heartless
Nov 7, 2006

otter posted:

This morning she flew off the handle at me about using 3 paper plates because they were stuck together in the stack, flipped me off and refused to carpool with me to work. We made up in the parking lot, but she has been a crying mess.

Oh goodness. Yesterday I flew off the handle with my husband because he said he was closer to guessing the total at the grocery store if we did things in a 'Price is Right' way and that I was wrong (stupid, right?). I mean, I gave him the silent treatment on the way home, stormed up stairs and let him unload and put everything away, ignored him when he came up to talk to me.. Then came downstairs 20 minutes later to find him gone, started bawling in the kitchen.. He walks in holding a milkshake for me and I start crying even harder. Seriously, what the hell.

And for the past 3 days I've been running a low grade fever. It could just be a sinus cold coming on because at random I'm stuffy, or it's running or I'm sneezing. I'm expected to start my period in 4 days though and I'm having some light cramping REALLY low. But I also started taking Metformin (for PCOS) about a month ago so it could just all be fluctuating hormones.

I don't know. I hate getting my hopes up. It doesn't help that everyone keeps picking apart everything I say and going 'Sounds like a pregnancy symptom'. I guess we'll find out soon.

The Heartless
Nov 7, 2006
Mine are sore also. This is new for me too, because this isn't a normal 'symptom' of mine. But every period I have after coming off the pill 8 months ago has been a little different, so it could be that too. I just don't want to get my hopes up any more.

Also, I need to vent. I'm pretty much over people 'confiding' in me about their secret pregnancies, or how they got prescriptions of Clomid by lying to their Dr about charting or the length of time they've been actively trying. And if one more person on Facebook pops up with a 'Surprise, I'm pregnant' post without knowing the father or having a stable place to live, I will scream.

My husband and I just moved to the most fertile place on earth (or so it seems. Seriously, everyone on Guam is pregnant or has kids) and I want to have babies and have them experience this, even if they'll never remember it. I'm so tired of people saying 'but you're young, you have time' or 'why are you stressing it, it will happen when it happens'. I HATE those responses. Hate them. I just want to get pregnant and feel normal and like I'm not completely jacked up.

The Heartless
Nov 7, 2006
My husband and I are 24 and 25, so we're not THAT young. I mean, young is like 18 and wanting to have a baby. At 24 and 25, it's not like we've just graduated high school or something. I mean, granted, we still have 'plenty of time', yes. But.. I don't want to end up 35 and finally being like 'There, am I old enough to worry about it?'.

And you know the one person who really gets on my nerves with it? My mother. She has PCOS and I figured she'd be the one to be kind of understanding.. But, she can't understand. She got pregnant with me by missing 1 birth control pill. She got pregnant with my sister 4 years later the first month after coming off the pill again. She keeps saying 'Heartless, how do you KNOW you'll have problems conceiving, I didn't? It could be just as easy for you!'. Yeah, it could. But, it hasn't been. I've missed countless pills and been off it for 8 months now.

I think the real reason she keeps telling me to 'relax' is because she doesn't want me having a kid in another country. She's worried she won't be able to bond with it or be a 'real grandma' or something.

I'm trying not to be negative or stressed out, but I hate this waiting game. I've been cramping on and off already, not as bad as last time, but just enough to notice. I hope the next 4 days fly so I can either start or be late and try not to get excited. Who am I kidding, I'll get excited. I want to pee on a stick.

The Heartless
Nov 7, 2006
Sheri, I didn't mean to freak you out at all. My husband and I originally planned for around 30 to start but things have changed and fallen into place different, plus with the added bonus of legit medical issues that cause infertility we decided to not wait. Just in case it doesn't happen by say, 30, at that point we can start looking at other options like ivf or even adoption if it comes down to it. Everyone has their reasons for when they think is the right time and age and we just think now is our time. I think if I didn't have pcos I wouldn't feel like my time is running out so much. If I ovulated normally and was otherwise healthy, we might wait maybe another year or two. But where we're at now feels right for us to start trying.

The Young Marge, thanks! I'm still getting used to normal periods after 6 straight years on the pill and sometimes I don't know if this is all normal now that I'm not adding or supressing or changing my hormones. On birth control I never cramped. Last month was the first period I had ever had accompanying cramps with and I thought for sure I'd keel over. This time they're real slight but I know it's not uncommon to cramp before hand. Here's to hoping they're actual symptoms!

The Heartless
Nov 7, 2006
Still trying not to get my hopes up, but when I woke up this morning and my period hadn't started, I did kind of smile. I mean, it could come at any point today. It could decide to be loving with me and come tomorrow. Or next week. That's the fun thing with PCOS. But, either way, it's supposed to start today. I've been tracking for the past 6 months and they've been incredibly consistent, which I think is because I low carb now.

I'm still having weird symptoms. The low grade fever has happened 5 nights in a row now. And it happens around the same time every night. Between about 8:30-9:00pm. It's well after I've ate dinner, cleaned up the kitchen, before I take any of my nightly vitamins and metformin and I'm just sitting on the couch watching some TV with my husband. Lastnight I finally got my husband to say 'Okay, you're right' about this. The first couple of nights he was like 'It's just because your hands are cold that you feel warm'. When I started actually taking my temperature, he was like 'yeah, but the thermometer could be off'. Lastnight I was like 'Feel my head' and he did. I could tell his hands were warm, but I was way warmer. Within an hour or so it went away. Just like every other night.

My areolas are also changing color. They're normally light enough that you can't even see them. I even asked my husband 'Have you ever noticed my areola's?' and he was like 'No, unless they're super light, but I could just be distracted by boobs'. Haha. Either way, yesterday I went to go get a shower and I caught a glimpse in the mirror while undressing and they were definitely noticeable. I, again, showed my husband (to make sure I wasn't go crazy) and he said 'Yeah, they weren't like the last week'. They don't hurt anymore though.

I'm not cramping either. I had mild cramping about 4 days ago, like I thought my period was going to come a few days early, but it's completely stopped.

Sorry to put every little detail out here, I'm still just kind of like 'what the gently caress' about all this. My husbands pretty set on this all being period symptoms. I asked him why and he said 'We didn't have sex the day you ovulated, we had sex 2 days before and you jumped up to pee instead of laying there to let them swim up'. Hurrrr, I don't think he believes that sperm lives for a couple of days. I don't know if me jumping up to pee has anything to do with anything, but whatever.

I think I'm going to give it til Saturday and test if my period doesn't show. Cross your fingers for me!

The Heartless
Nov 7, 2006
It really could be implantation bleeding. I've heard usually it's just a light amount of spotting and some cramps.. But, everyone is different. If it's not actual bleeding, like where you need a tampon or pad, I don't think I'd worry about it so much. And the cramping is pretty common to just stick around after implantation because the uterus is already starting to expand.

The Heartless
Nov 7, 2006
2 days late, a whole host of symptoms, took a test. Negative. Now, after 6 months of perfect periods I'm late? With nausea, feeling light headed, slight cramping on and off, darker areola's and my boobs are veiny all of a sudden. And the stupid test is negative.

gently caress you, PCOS. gently caress you.

The Heartless
Nov 7, 2006

jota23 posted:

Give it more time. I really hate to try to get your hopes up, but the areola thing was the kicker for me. When those are suddenly darker and larger...

Anyway, Just give it another week before being disappointed.

Thanks. I'm trying not to. My mom told me the same thing. She didn't test positive with me using a pee stick til she was 4 months along. And had periods the first 3 months (she felt 'off' and knew something was up, so she kept testing). Then she didn't test positive with my sister til she was 3 months, even though she hadn't had a period the entire time, but chalked it up to PCOS and coming off birth control. She asked the OB/GYN she works for and she said she's heard of this happening to daughters, something about the hcg not coming out in urine as early and it seems genetic. I don't know if it's true, but a Dr. said it.

Still no period though. Everything's still the same. I'm giving it another week and testing, if a no go, I guess I'll go to the Dr. and ask for blood work and see if they can figure out what the hell is going on. I'm not optimistic about this though because I need a RE and Guam doesn't have any. So, I get military physicians.

The Heartless
Nov 7, 2006
Hopefully all turns out well, Canuckistan.

On the other hand, my period is still missing. Ugh. No more symptoms really. Other than daily headaches, random cramping and that 'if I don't eat NOW I'm going to get sick' feeling. I took another test yesterday when I was 8 days late and still negative.

I'm set to go to the Dr. next week to get some blood work done and see what's going on. Hopefully I can get myself sorted out and go back to trying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Heartless
Nov 7, 2006
My period just decided to skip a month. It started this month right on time as if I had a normal one last month. So, here's hoping my husband is home in time next month when I ovulate.

• Locked thread