Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jennyinstereo
Jan 17, 2007

[rocking faces since the 80s]

Sally Slug posted:

Yeah seriously never buy ovulation strips or pregnancy tests at the drugstore unless you're in a pregnancy scare panic. You can get them for so so much cheaper on Amazon or Ebay. If you are a compulsive tester like I was (and will be again) having strips instead of the regular tests will stop you from bankrupting yourself.

Yup. I'm buying this tomorrow:

http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/midstreamtes.html

It's pretty decent for $25 and I've heard that these cheapo strips can be more accurate than more expensive stuff like Clear Blue Fertility Monitors. I'm going to try them out and whenever I see a dark line, I'm heading for the bedroom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jennyinstereo
Jan 17, 2007

Sally Slug posted:

:woop: Does this mean that your sister has encouraged you to start trying a little sooner?

One of the cheapo tests from the dollar store detected my pregnancy before the Clear Blue test, so I have great faith in them and in the cheap ovulation strips too.

Hope you guys don't mind me hanging out in here, I'm just so excited for all of you and we're starting to think that we might aim for a mid to late 2010 baby.

Not too much sonner :) July is the plan. I CAN'T WAIT! I'm also trying to lose some weight before we try. Fingers crossed!

jennyinstereo
Jan 17, 2007

Aardvarklet posted:

Jenny, I'm glad you showed up! If you didn't show soon I was gonna come over to the preg thread and get on your case. I'm so pumped for you that you're going to start in July! That's coming up soon.

I'm adding the site that you bought from to the OP.

:D My birthday is July 7th and we're going away for the long weekend so maybe we'll start then ;) What a way to celebrate Independence Day haha

And yeah, that site is awesome. They have even BIGGER packages with like 50 test strips. It's crazy.

jennyinstereo
Jan 17, 2007

Papaya posted:

My sister can sneeze and get pregnant

My sister didn't even think she could get pregnant and then she meets this guy... they've been dating 2 months and she's pregnant with his kid. They're happy, and want it but man... it's so interesting how I've been following the pregnancy thread for FOREVER and planning, researching, taking prenatals, etc. and she gets pregnant out of nowhere without even trying. I hope I'm that lucky when I start trying.

jennyinstereo
Jan 17, 2007

Sally Slug posted:

You jerks and this thread! After a few long conversations and the help of this thread pushing me over the edge, it looks like we are going to be attempting a March 2010 baby.

Oh God I'm so scared and excited to start. :ohdear:

Woohoo! Wait, March? So that means.... You will start trying asap.. to get pregnant in July? YAY! Congrats :) I'm excited for us both!!!!

jennyinstereo
Jan 17, 2007

Aardvarklet posted:

In other news, I'm pregnant.

Woohoo!!! Congrats! I can't wait to join the club too!

In my other news, my sister is freaking out about being pregnant. I thought I'd be a paranoid mess, but I think she's got me beat. She's convinced that she's got an ectopic pregnancy. I have no idea why. Also, in Ireland, they don't test HCG levels (she's living in Ireland). Are they supposed to? I am not really familiar with it.

jennyinstereo
Jan 17, 2007

But the ovulation test strips are alright, right? I plan on buying them asap!!! It is payday today, after all :D

jennyinstereo
Jan 17, 2007

Ugh. So we're not trying yet but my last period was 35 days ago and I'm not pregnant. At this point, I just want my period. I think it's stress. I've never had that happen before. I hope this doesn't mean I'll have a boatload of problems when we actually start trying :(

jennyinstereo
Jan 17, 2007

bamzilla posted:

I just want to echo that the Trader Joe's prenatals are great. I never had any constipation or nausea with 'em. Plus they're only $12 for a 60 day supply.

I still can't swallow them whole. I cut them up into at least 3 pieces. Bam, do you have trouble swallowing them? What's your trick?

On another note, 39 days and still no period... still waiting for it to show up! :arghfist:

jennyinstereo
Jan 17, 2007

Azulita posted:

Hey Jen, at Rite-Aid they sell this flavored stuff that is supposed to coat pills and make them go down easier, maybe that would help?

Interesting!!! I will definitely have to check it out. Anything to make them go down easier. Otherwise, I'll always have to hide the pieces in yoghurt or jam.

jennyinstereo
Jan 17, 2007

bamzilla posted:

No problems, I just swallow them while drinking water from a cup (I tried doing it from a water bottle a few times and gagged and coughed up water everywhere). The pill just naturally slides down with a big gulp of water.

I had a friend that would grind pills into pudding.

Hmm maybe that's my issue. I was taking them at work with a water bottle and would gag every time. I'll try a cup. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jennyinstereo
Jan 17, 2007

I was on the pill for many many years. I came off the pill in March. For about a year and a half, I was skipping the placebo pills and just going straight from pack to pack, not taking any breaks (= no period).

Had my first period off the pill in April. 30 days later, another period. 30 days after that, a period in June. I just got my period again on Sunday.... 45 days after the one in June. I was starting to panic but maybe this is normal after coming off the pill? Before I started taking the pill, I was regular. When I was on the pill and actually took 7 day placebo pill breaks, I was regular. But now, they're kind of off. Hopefully they regulate themselves soon!

• Locked thread