Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RabbitMage
Nov 20, 2008
Has anyone used a donor to conceive? My fiancee and I are wanting to start trying after our wedding in May, but I'm trans and thus don't make sperm. Trying to wade through options we're comfortable with, figure out legal things, logistics, and cost is all a little nightmareish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RabbitMage
Nov 20, 2008
I'm generally angry at the unfairness of reproduction, but there's nothing that can be done about that.

In general, I'm curious how you/others chose a bank or donor, how to manage the costs, etc. My fiancee has been reading that IUI is typically $2000/dose by the time you factor in all the costs.

MIL keeps suggesting we just go to a bar with a Dixie cup. We don't like this plan.

RabbitMage
Nov 20, 2008

RabbitMage posted:

I'm generally angry at the unfairness of reproduction, but there's nothing that can be done about that.

Still angry about this. We're ready to start trying, there's just...nothing to try with.

Word to the wise: there are free sperm donor groups on Facebook. They are as terrifying as you imagine.

RabbitMage
Nov 20, 2008
Yeah. We've exhausted our small list of sperm-producing friends we felt comfortable asking already. Turkey baster is a good go-to.

RabbitMage
Nov 20, 2008
Interesting fertility happenings:

My spouse has a pretty regular cycle, but after a bit of a dry spell we had a pretty wild week. They ended up ovulating a week ahead of schedule.

We're hoping to start trying in earnest next month, but we're not sure when to expect the next ovulation. I guess we'll keep testing and see?

• Locked thread