Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Public Serpent
Oct 13, 2012
Buglord
Joining this thread right now because things are moving.
The wife & I got accepted for IUI in november, after two years of waiting list, tests etc. Got sent home with an OPK and instructions to call back when it's positive. Since then I've been peeing on sticks and fretting but I had three completely messed up cycles and didn't get a single positive - UNTIL TODAY :woop:

We're going in this afternoon to do the thing. Don't even know if it'll stick but I was just so glad to see I still had it in me to ovulate at this point. I'm kinda high on not constantly worrying. I know I'll start up again soon (we only get six tries, for example) but for now I'm really enjoying not being stressed out, haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Public Serpent
Oct 13, 2012
Buglord

Abbeh posted:

Awesome! Good luck!! :woop:

Thanks! :) Now all we have to do is wait until I can take a pregnancy test THE WAIT IS ALREADY KILLING ME

PoliSciGirl posted:

Tomorrow I have my first IUI. I took femara (2.5mg) and ovidrel this month (both for the first time). I am on metformin 850mg 2xday. I have PCOS and unexplained infertility and husband has low mobility.

Sup IUI buddy :hfive: good luck tomorrow and keep us posted!

Public Serpent
Oct 13, 2012
Buglord

SchrodingersFish posted:

ovulation stuff

Man I feel ya, I didn't ovulate for three months just when we were getting ready to start and it really got to me after a while. I wasn't even on birth control! So you're definitely not alone. Also seconding the suggestion about using test strips to get rid of some of the guesswork.

I'm also off ADHD meds, it's no fun trying to work without them. Not just trying to focus on important stuff, I also didn't realize how tired I get without them!

Public Serpent
Oct 13, 2012
Buglord
^^^Sex robot, I love it. That's fantastic, congratulations!

I was supposed to take a pregnancy test tomorrow. Instead yesterday we went to the christening of my cousin's twins, and when we got back to the hotel my period promptly started. COME ON! :mad:
ehh, actually having it sprung on me like that wasn't so bad, at least it's quick and unambiguous. I feel pretty good about getting back in the saddle and trying again.

Public Serpent
Oct 13, 2012
Buglord
What the hell, people can be so lovely about other people's private business. Hang in there Esmerelda, when the baby actually comes relatives usually change their tune.

My mom had me at 35 and my sister at 37 and we were fine (and are still fine). I'm 28 now and I can feel stressed out about it sometimes, but then I just count, like "if I have a kid at 40, when they're 30 I'll be 70". It's not like I'd drop dead while they're still learning to read or whatever. 40 years old just isn't that old!

Speaking of stress, I think I missed my ovulation this cycle even though I was testing every day :( We'll see if I get my period next week or if it's time for another sixty-day fretting extravaganza of waiting for the egg to drop. Meanwhile, three pregnant acquaintances :suicide:

Public Serpent
Oct 13, 2012
Buglord

PoliSciGirl posted:

It was confirmed on Friday that my HCG level is 128 and the doctor said that's a really good level and due date is 12/21! Woo hoo!

Congratulations, that's great! :toot: Best of luck!

My period is currently a week late, and not the good kind. I'm just not ovulating :( Pretty sure it's because I'm so stressed out (what up Kluliss :sympathy:); I've had irregular cycles before but nothing like this. Ended up speaking to the clinic today and they were just like "well that's bullshit, let's get some drugs in you". I felt so relieved, I had to sneak away and have a quick weep in the bathroom at work. The next step is wait until my period comes and then call them back.

Public Serpent
Oct 13, 2012
Buglord
We seem to have outwitted my ovaries! I went on clomid when my tardy period finally showed up. Had an ultrasound today and two follicles were good to go, so they gave me a trigger shot and an appointment for IUI tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed for us :S

I have to say that one of the worst things about this is actually the logistics? The clinic is a two hour round trip from where I work (not even counting the treatment time itself). It's really awkward trying to ask your boss for time off in the middle of the day like three times in a week, while simultaneously trying to duck any questions about where the hell you're going.

Public Serpent
Oct 13, 2012
Buglord

Scenty posted:

Both me and my husband told our bosses the honest truth. Both have been absolutely wonderful. In fact, when my husband needs time for the IUI it doesn't even come out of his accrued hours. Most everyone knows somebody who has been through infertility treatments. I feel like if we didn't tell them they would have gotten frustrated, so I'm glad we did. Of course your situation may be different, but I'm just giving my experience.

Yeah, that would have been ideal for sure. At my old job I wouldn't have hesitated to tell them, but I'm waffling right now because my current boss is a bit crazy. It's not like I'd get fired or anything, but I just feel very uncomfortable telling her this. I'll probably end up having to tell her if this one doesn't stick, but I'm not looking forward to it.

Public Serpent
Oct 13, 2012
Buglord
I'm going in for iui today so I'm in the 2 week wait boat with you. Best of luck to you, and please continue not putting egg whites near your genitals, that sounds very sensible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Public Serpent
Oct 13, 2012
Buglord
Woop, congrats!! I had a positive sneak peek test on thursday - today I've officially missed my period! :woop: Fingers crossed it'll stick. I'm feeling a bit tender and bloated but no nausea yet.

My wife nostalgically asked me this morning if I "remember the cherry tomato?" referring to my last pregnancy when I ate one cherry tomato one day and puked the whole afternoon. Yeah I do, thanks

• Locked thread