Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

Hello ladies! I'm in my third month of trying to get knocked the gently caress up. I went off the pill and bought Toni Wesschler's book, which is awesome, and am tracking all my fertility crap both on paper and with fertility friend...

My first cycle off the pill was anovulatory. The second time I did ovulate but timed the sexin' poorly - my temperature went up so I thought I'd ovulated and we stopped, but then it *really* went up a few days later and I realized we had missed our chance. :( I'm hoping for better results this go around (mostly by loving like nasty bunnies all around my fertile days)... My biggest problem right now is that I don't seem to have a lot of fertile cervical fluid, which I guess is common when you've just come off the pill. I have been taking Evening Primrose oil, which is supposed to help, for about a month and a half, and this cycle I also started drinking grapefruit juice in the morning. I can't remember where I read about that but it does seem to be making a difference. I had some of the eggwhite stuff for the first time yesterday and the day before, although it was mostly in the mornings... I'm also taking prenatals (of course), calcium and a maternity fish oil capsule. Other than that just exercising like always and trying not to stress-eat too much!

Thanks for starting this thread Aardvarklet. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

I've read that you're supposed to take the Primrose oil only up until the day of ovulation, so maybe we are both right. Last cycle (my first one using it) I has a 12 day luteal phase so it doesn't seem to have done any harm. As for the grapefruit juice, as far as I know it doesn't matter what kind. I found this little article about it, but it doesn't really explain *why* it's supposed to be good.

http://www.thelaboroflove.com/articles/grapefruit-juice-and-cervical-mucus/

I forgot to mention in my last post I am also taking a guaifenesin-only cough syrup, which is also supposed to help with fertile cervical fluid... Started that at the same time as the Evening Primrose Oil, last cycle.

Never thought I'd be taking so much crap just to build up extra crotch snot, but there you have it. I don't even like grapefruit juice!

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

Miss Shell posted:

Here's another one chiming in for trying. We're on about three months right now and it's been SO disappointing when the period appears. I'm not doing any of that temperature tracking or anything, I feel like that would make it more of a chore than it is.

And this is my problem. This never ever happens for me during the actual act, so I hope it's not THAT important. Someone reassure me...

During female orgasm the cervix dips down and into any waiting puddles of semen that have been recently ejected. So it probably does make a difference but I'm not sure how much... I don't think it's a deal breaker. From what I've read though, it's still fine if you get off after he does, so if he finishes you off with oral or whatever it's all good.

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

SKeefe posted:

Well we just found out that the levels have only gone up to 275 so it looks like it's just a loving matter of time.

I can't imagine what you guys are going through... I'm so sorry. :(

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

3 days past ovulation now... Here comes the parade of psychosomatic symptoms!

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

Sally Slug posted:

You jerks and this thread! After a few long conversations and the help of this thread pushing me over the edge, it looks like we are going to be attempting a March 2010 baby.

Oh God I'm so scared and excited to start. :ohdear:

Awesome! Good luck! :D

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

Aw man, that sucks, I'm sorry. I hope things work out for you guys soon.

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

Yayyy Aarvarklet! :D

6 days past ovulation here and I just got weepy over an episode of old Star Trek. Does that count as a symptom or just being retarded? :v:

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

The Conscience of the King... and after that, I got all misty at the end of The Balance of Terror! O_o

Noooes... those poor Romulans... ;_;

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

Yeah, I'm not getting anything either, other than the Star Trek weepies. :/

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

11 days past ovulation and I caved and did a test. Negative of course! :v: Well, I saw something that might have been a really faint line, but it was probably just the antibody strip... I'll try again on Wednesday, when my period is actually due, if I'm not bleeding yet.

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

OK so I know it's not Wednesday but...

I'm shaking, I can't believe it! :o It's still very early of course... I'm already worrying about 'what if it's ectopic' and all kinds of paranoid things!

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

1-2 weeks since conception.

Re: those ovulation strips... I *never* got a positive reading on them, although clearly I did ovulate. I even tried testing twice a day the second cycle I used them. Maybe my LH surge was just super short, but I've encountered more than a few other women who have had the same kind of experience. I'm just saying, pay attention to your other fertile signs and don't rely solely on the strips.

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

I'm already super tired all the time, so the relaxing part is easy...

Oh, remember last week when I was crying over Star Trek? I told the doctor that when I went in to get confirmed, and she said that was pretty much a positive pregnancy test right there as far as she was concerned. :v:

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

You're about a week ahead of me, I'm 13 dpo. I'm also afraid to post in the other thread, for the exact same reason! At least I know I'm not the only one who's paranoid. :)

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

I'm sorry it turned out that way Space Cadet... :(

I'm pretty terriied of an ectopic myself. I have been having pain on my left side, but just little twinges. My doctor told me not to worry about it and that if it was an ectopic the level of pain I'd be in would be unmistakeable. But I still worry... :(

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

Aardvarklet posted:

I've been having this fear the last few days myself. I have weird twinges now and then, almost like menstrual cramps but not "painful," I guess? I think it might be round ligament pain.

The other night I woke up at 2 AM with a horrible stomach ache, got up, and puked. So far it was just a one time deal, though. I wonder if everyone goes through a stage of fear about ectopic pregnancies.

Maybe... I hope so. Mine seems to be mostly on the one side which is why it bugs me. I do get them on the right but much less often. As I said before though, they aren't bad at all and I *know* my doctor said if it was an ectopic I would *know*, but... I can't help worrying!

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

Thanks for the advice, Space Cadet. I am lucky enough to be in the UK, so if it does get bad for me I don't have to worry about money, at least.

Sounds like you are gonna take great care of your wife! :) I hope she feels better soon. Puppy kisses may help... Beagles are friggin' adorable. :3

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

That's interesting, bamzilla, because I'm pretty sure this is the side that I ovulated on, as well. That would make sense...

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

As long as it was consistent it shouldn't matter if it was reading a little lower, since it's the change in temperature you're looking for, not a particular number... I would do a few more tests checking with both thermometers at the same time a few hours apart to see if it's always off by about the same amount. If yes then you can either keep using the digital, or switch to the mercury and kind of mentally adjust your previous readings. If not, well... drat. :/

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

Alterian posted:

I did actually take two readings this morning with the digital. The first was the 97.4, then I did the mercury and got the 97.9, then I did the digital right away and it was 97.7 so gently caress it.

That sucks. My digital bbt was cheap as hell and worked fine, I guess I lucked out. :/

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

Agreed, TCOYF basically got me pregnant. I got knocked up in my third cycle off the pill (the first was anovulatory and the second one was really wacky still), which I think is pretty darn good.

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

Awesome news SKeefe!

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

The first period I had after I went of BC was horrid, like lying on the floor and whimpering horrid. I thought something was seriously wrong with me because even before going on the pill I'd never had particularly bad cramps! Thankfully it was just the once.

I hope you feel better today, Shell! And good luck Alterian. :)

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

Got my period today (first since the miscarriage) so I guess it's try, try again now... My feelings are kind of mixed but I definitely want to move forward.

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

Thanks (to you and others)... I am really hoping we can get pregnant again soon - ideally this month. How far along is your wife now? I wish you guys a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

I don't know what's going on with my chart this month... My temperatures are pretty high, but my other signs tell me I haven't ovulated yet. I suspect it has to do with the heat, which has been ridiculous even overnight the past couple of days. I'm also a bit worried it might be delayed due to stress... We just got a new puppy and it's a lot of work and loss of sleep. Bleah!

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

Yeah, last night was pretty bad for disrupted sleep. I've dealt with insomnia before and it didn't seem to affect my temperatures as much as this, though! I hope that it's either the sleep or the temperature, because the alternative is that my hormones are still screwy and I might not ovulate this month...

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

It's been over a month since we moved though... Wouldn't it have settled by now? :(

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

Congrats Fire!

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

They never work for me either... And I also know lots of women who didn't get positives until they are 18 days past ovulation, so fingers crossed.

I am playing the waiting game myself... 5 days until my period's due. D:

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

Sigh, I caved and tested today (12 dpo)... negative. :( I know it's early still, but I got my last positive at 11 days, and my luteal phase is usually 12, so I'm not optimistic.

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

That's awesome Pixi! Good luck!

I'm out for this month, myself. :/

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

Pixi posted:

Ha, I am pregnant!

Just when we stopped trying, BAM. We didn't even have sex at the right time. Hilarious and awesome.

Wow, awesome! :D

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

Panne posted:

I recently went off birth control, but we're not actively trying. Just passively I guess. One the one hand, I want it to happen (we're ready financially and emotionally, or as ready as it is possible to get - the money situation might be tight, but doable). But I'm scared shitless now that the chance of it actually happening is real. What have I done? :S

Anyway, one thing I never thought about is how I should probably don't take migraine medication? I have these pills called sumatriptan (imigran, imitrex are alternate names) which I take when I feel a migraine coming. They're pretty powerful, so I wouldn't want to risk taking one while pregnant. Anyone else here have any experience with these? Or with migraine and pregnancy in general? (I guess I should ask that last question in the pregnancy thread, but as I'm not actually knocked up yet, I came here).

I was on Sumatriptan and when I started trying to get pregnant, my doctor told me I shouldn't take them anymore. :/ No codeine either.

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

qentiox posted:

Yay, Tinuviel!

I'm pregnant! I'm pretty excited. Gonna call the doctor Monday.

Wow, congrats!

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

I'm 7 days past ovulation and my chart looks really promising - temperatures have been really high the past two mornings. It's getting hard not to get my hopes up again...!

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

Ma_NiC posted:

Got my results back and everything is normal this time, hooray! Not sure exactly what happened the last time, but everything is fine now. I was really skeptical of the previous results, and thankfully with good cause. I am so relieved.

Hooray! Now on to the spawning! :D

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

Go team uterus, I'm pregnant again! :D

I tested yesterday and got a very depressing negative (it was on a digital so not ambiguous at all)... but then my temperature was still super high this morning so I tested with early morning pee and bam, there it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

Chickalicious posted:

Hooray Longpig & slowfoot!

I am just finishing up my first period since my D&C (I am so freaking regular, it started exactly 28 days after the procedure), so we'll be trying again this month. My period this time around was super light. Anyone else that has had a D&C - did your periods change afterward? I kept bracing myself for a heavy flow day like usual, but it just never came. I only had to use a couple regular flow tampons (the rest were light flow). Usually I have a couple days where nothing but supers will do.

We've got company that's going to be in town while I'm ovulating, so I guess we'll just have to do some quiet baby-making.

Mine definitely changed, for the weirder... My first period after the D&C I got a medium flow for 3 days or so, then it seemed to stop, but a day later it came back and I had light flow tapering off to spotting for another couple of days. Psych out! It continued to be like that every cycle since...

• Locked thread