Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bamzilla
Jan 13, 2005

All butt since 2012.

enitsirk posted:

I thought you weren't supposed to take calcium at the same time as iron because calcium inhibits iron absorption?
There seem to be a lot of prenatals that don't have calcium. Calcium is bulky so it can be easier to take it separately. Plus you're supposed to take something like 500 mg twice a day- not all at once. Of course that is if you are using the supplement to get 100% RDA.

I just looked on my prenatals and there's only 200mg in a pill. You only take 1 a day so that makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamzilla
Jan 13, 2005

All butt since 2012.

Scenty posted:

Congrats Sheri!

Well I wasn't pregnant after our little scare last month. Now we have talked and decided to go back to waiting for another year. It makes more sense with our school schedules but I also get paranoid that we will never reach the right time to start trying. It doesn't help that I am 28 and while I know that is not old I can't help but feel paranoid that we will have a hard time conceiving.

I got pregnant with my daughter very easily when I was 29 (I was on a placebo week of BC and antibiotics). Got pregnant with our son after a couple of months (I also had just stopped taking BC) when I was 32. I just had him almost 3 weeks ago and will be 33 in October.

Honestly I think really the only thing that becomes harder is pregnancy itself. ;)

bamzilla
Jan 13, 2005

All butt since 2012.

Something Positive posted:

I and fellow goon Spiffster are getting married in late June. Since I have a stable job and we're in the process of looking for a house, we are seriously considering attempting to start a family in the next few months. I've started taking Kroger brand prenatal vitamins, are there any other supplements worth taking or anything else I should be doing?

get a physical and a referral to an OBGYN.

bamzilla
Jan 13, 2005

All butt since 2012.

skeetied posted:

Has anyone gotten pregnant after having a Mirena? I just got mine out and I'm not sure what to expect fertility wise. I did immediately get a period, but I'm not sure if I should expect to ovulate this cycle or what...

Yep, it didn't seem to be a problem for me. I also had some issues with it and had to have it removed for medical reasons so I don't know if that would make a difference or not.

• Locked thread