Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Papaya
Apr 4, 2005

I'm a creepy furry who feels entitled to other people's babies, but only if they are white. Yiff!
Bah, only 1 follicle at 12mm so I'll be back on Monday for the real deal. He said my uterine lining was gorgeous. I guess that's a good thing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papaya
Apr 4, 2005

I'm a creepy furry who feels entitled to other people's babies, but only if they are white. Yiff!
hahahaaha the poo poo we hear at medical appointments - I hope I get some adequate storage capacity, I couldn't feed a mouse on current status.

Yeah he was ultrasounding the uterus and he said, "wow look at that, your uterine lining is gorgeous, you want to see the three lines like so" and he draws a line with the machine over the image "and you have them, just perfect!"

Damnit that had better mean I'll achieve pregnancy immediately upon IUIing. I mean come on, with a lining like that!

Papaya
Apr 4, 2005

So I cried like a bitch tonight because I'm a needle-phobe and I had to give myself the ovulation trigger shot here at home. I got all the way up to where you stick yourself (in the stomach no less) and then I broke down bawling and shaking like a dumbass. My husband was right there and removed the syringe from my grasp and just stabbed me like a pro, and I don't know how many times he told me he was done before I stopped looking away and actually began to chill out some.

SO it's done, and Saturday morning is my first IUI! Kinda neat, but I really hope more than ever I get super loving lucky on the first go because I don't want to have injections every cycle. I feel really bad for people who have gone down that path and beyond. Then again, not everyone is a big crybaby like me, so I probably just sound like a whiner ;P

Papaya
Apr 4, 2005

yawnie posted:

It does kind of shock me that you've mentioned working in vet clinics yet you have needle phobia.

poo poo I can draw blood in a heartbeat and hit a jugular on a hairy dog first stick, but you point that needle at me and I cry like it's torture :P When they broke out the fake dog legs to practice drawing blood in school, I about fainted. That part I did get over, but I still suck when it's my turn for the poking.

Papaya
Apr 4, 2005

Farrah posted:

Haven't they been taking your blood to check your levels?

I had blood drawn for some tests (HIV, Rubella, blood typing, even though these were done at my primary care office months ago) both Monday and Wednesday, both to my surprise, and I cried like a bitch then too. I'm such a retard concerning needles. I have an appt on the 19th for my official test, gonna cry then also.

Yeah this two week thing I guess I can finally understand, how women get all worked up by it. I have some old pregnancy tests I was going to use to see if I could catch the hcg fading from the shot like I read about online. I think I'm hoping for a positive first time not because I want my offspring but moreso because I want as few injections as possible ;)

Papaya
Apr 4, 2005

Hahaa well said, Kenshi. I had my IUI today and knowing that I might actually wind up pregnant has me more worried than I have felt in the last 2.5 years.

So the IUI was uncomfortable, I guess is the best way to describe it. Obviously the speculum was annoying like it always is but actually threading the catheter into my cervix was very weird, and once he got it in place he shoved the dildocam up there to make sure it was all correct, and I got to watch on the ultrasound monitor the actual application of the sperm. That was neat. The cramps I had for the next hour were not, but whatever I whine too much.

Thanks for the luckwishing, guys. I guess we'll see how it goes!

Papaya
Apr 4, 2005

I am 6 DPO (7 if you're looking at Friday) and as of Wednesday the trigger shot was nearly entirely faded. In fact, if I wasn't keenly aware of how stark white negative tests look, I wouldn't've seen the faint mark on this last one.

I expect the test in the morning to be white as well. Now I get to hope for the positive to come back again, and then I can outsmart the RE's office by knowing before the blood test :smug: Well, I'll probably know one way or the other anyway, but of course we're hoping for the better of the two outcomes.

Papaya
Apr 4, 2005

dishonesty posted:

Are you saying you're pregnant?!

Not quite but maybe, who knows!

They told me it (the trigger) could be cleared as early as 7 days, as late as 16 or more. I had a cache of tests that I otherwise won't be using since all this RE bullshit is bloodwork anyway, so I figured I'd track the levels like that like a lot of people who get the shots do.

I mean if I'm getting totally white tests for a few days and then they start to get positives again, I think it's safe to say it's likely to be a true one.

edit: I guess I should clarify in case it wasn't clear, I have been using the tests every other day since 2 days post trigger; first test was super dark and they have only gotten lighter since.

Papaya fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Feb 13, 2011

Papaya
Apr 4, 2005

I read TCoYF and it was pretty cool. I have been tracking my cycles for almost 3 years now and it's very neat to see the patterns that I have re: symptoms, lengths of each phase, ovulation, temperatures. I'd suggest charting because say you think you are ovulating, but don't really know for sure - I think most people have a temperature shift when they ovulate and if your temps are not all whacky then you should be able to see if they make that jump, and when. If you have cycles with crazy all over the place temps from day 1 to end of that cycle then maybe you are not ovulating at all, or you could have steady temps the whole time and never get a shift, or who knows what you will find.

It's just something to know about yourself to help you have some peace of mind or at least knowledge before doctors will do anything.

edit: I guess I kinda just reiterated what yawnie said but whatever :P

Papaya
Apr 4, 2005

Okay I think I finally understand the obsessive agony of a two week wait.

Last 2 tests I took (7dpo, 9dpo) were stark white blank negatives. Today's test at 11dpo is def different. Evap, a deeper crease where the line should be so it casts a shadow, or a faint positive, I have no idea. I even gave a negative test and today's test to my husband and asked him to look at them (in case I'm a retarded overwhelmed female) and he said hey this one has a line.

Interesting! Can't wait to see what Thursday and the blood test Saturday bring. Still trying not to get hopes up and all but damnit this doesn't help :P

Papaya
Apr 4, 2005

lol I feel vaguely like I'm back on MDC what with posting pee stick pictures.

I sent this same set to my obsessive crazy psycho friend and she's like OMG THAT IS TOTALLY NOT AN EVAP IT'S A LINE USE ANOTHER TEST TOMORROW I HAVE TO KNOW IF IT'S DARKER AAAAH

So whatever. I took this with my DSLR and only edited the curves in photoshop to make it clearer, the line/not-line is just as visible in an unedited one as edited (if the lighting is good, obvs). Here you can also see the fade from the trigger shot :)

Papaya
Apr 4, 2005

It's not over until it's over for me. I just cannot get excited. We'll see what tomorrow's looks like :)

Papaya
Apr 4, 2005

Yesterday's test was darker but looked more evap-ish vs having colour. Whatever, blood test is tomorrow so I guess we'll see.

When/if we ever have kids my immediate family and his will wind up knowing, simply because he opened his fat mouth and told them we were doing IUI now and now both parent sets are bugging us about when did we do it, and did it work, etc etc. Ugh.

Papaya
Apr 4, 2005

I just got back from having the draw, they said they'd start callbacks around noon so I'm going back to bed.

I don't think it worked so I'm irritated at the huge bruise on my arm for nothing.

Papaya
Apr 4, 2005

Sorry Kenshi :(

edit: blood results negative, on to round 2

Papaya fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Feb 20, 2011

Papaya
Apr 4, 2005

The wedding I shot photos at last Saturday was such a blast, I was feeling confident, and cool, and a bit like I was "ahead" so to speak, since the bride was a classmate of mine from high school, and she was just finally getting married and I've been married for 2.5 yrs. I always felt so "behind" everyone since everyone went off and got married and already has at least 1 kid if not 2-3 now, and I'm still trying after 2.5 yrs.

So on facebook today she posts that she's 18weeks :suicide: So much for that! Back to being the last one again. "So when are you and Guy having kids?"

I guess never, assholes.

Papaya
Apr 4, 2005

Yeah I'm 8 DPO Saturday, this cycle with clomid+IUI. This cycle my nips hurt like poo poo (started yesterday) and today I was hungry all day. It's not even far enough along to be anything. I really hate the drugs causing symptoms :(

They have my beta scheduled for 17 DPO and gently caress that, gonna pee on a stick at like 13 or 14. MOST people should have a faint line or better by then, right?

Papaya
Apr 4, 2005

Yeah on progesterone. Hate the stuff. Not really fond of copious amounts of nasty poo poo pouring forth from my nether regions. It's unfair - I do the progesterone for close to 2 weeks, have a negative test, then bleed for a few more days. It's like nearly 3 weeks of grossness for nothing. I want to be pregnant damnit to make it worth it.

Papaya
Apr 4, 2005

You sound like you've gotten most of this pre-conception stuff under control! Funny thing, I got checked for toxo too and I have never been exposed :confused: How is it I have been trapping ferals and raising orphans and poo poo for the last 12 years and have never been exposed? I guess I'm really clean about my cat poop. Good I guess but I worry now every IUI cycle that OMG I'M GONNA GET TOXO CAN'T TOUCH THE FERALS and I have two of them in my spare bedroom right now :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papaya
Apr 4, 2005

So third cycle IUI I don't think worked; I peed on a stick today (15dpo) and it was negative. I guess there is still hope and all but meh. I'm glad I didn't give a poo poo all cycle and just enjoyed normal life.

• Locked thread