Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chickalicious
Apr 13, 2005

We are the ones we've been waiting for.

GoreJess posted:

So after years of following all the pregnancy/parenting threads, I'm finally on my last week of bc pills! I am so excited & scared all at the same time.

But maybe the best part about quitting the pill is that I won't be a creepy childless stalker in the threads & facebook group for much longer....

Holy crap! Hooray!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chickalicious
Apr 13, 2005

All those questions sound normal. This page might be helpful too: http://www.cdc.gov/preconception/planning.html

Chickalicious
Apr 13, 2005

What do those acronyms mean?

Chickalicious
Apr 13, 2005

My doctor told me the standard advice is to wait a cycle, but if I felt well enough to get started right away, it wouldn't hurt anything. He even told me he and his wife got pregnant right away after a miscarriage.

Chickalicious
Apr 13, 2005

I used both ovulation and pregnancy tests from the internet and had great success with both. Which are you using?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chickalicious
Apr 13, 2005

cailleask posted:

It's these, which definitely gave me these weird false-positive evap lines when I knew I wasn't pregnant (it was just after a blood test had confirmed my hcg drop after the miscarriage). Apparently the tests have too much dye in them? It's a common problem according to the reviews, even though they're pink dye tests.

Hookerbot 5000: using a different test is a good idea. I've given in and got a 'real' test, so I guess I'll know for sure in a day or two.

You can still get a positive pregnancy test mid-miscarriage because your hcg levels can still be high enough to detect.

• Locked thread