Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

bamzilla posted:

Maybe you could start the thread off with your story and what you've been trying/doing to conceive?

I keep trying to get pregnant but I don't know what i'm doing wrong :(

A little back story: my partner and I have been together for 2 years in a very loving relationship. About a year ago we started having unprotected sex to try to conceive a child. We have tried all positions imaginable but for some reason I can't get preggers :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Tom Collins posted:

Have you considered going to a fertility clinic? Have you been tested, or has your partner, for impotence? I hate to suggest that it might not be possible for you, but it's worth ruling out.

I went to a clinic last week and the doctor just looked at my partner and I very strangely and told us to consider a mental health clinic :(

That guy really yanked my crank!!

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Aardvarklet posted:

I would highly recommend checking out Taking Charge of Your Fertility--your local library might have a copy, and if not, it's totally worth the $16 on Amazon. It will help you figure out what is going on with your cycles. There are a lot of different things that could be going on, and learning to recognize your own body's patterns and cues will tell you if everything is in working order.

Personally, I always assumed that I ovulated on day 14 of my cycle, which is the "standard" day used by doctors to calculate conception. Once I started using Fertility Awareness, I discovered that I actually ovulate around day 20 (using the first day of your period as day 1). So if I were only having sex in the days leading up to day 14, and maybe even right after that, it wouldn't be close enough to my actual ovulation day to work.

Also, have you talked to a doctor or midwife? The standard recommendation is to seek help after 1 year of trying if you are young and healthy.

Thanks for these tips and pointers I will take them to heart!

I do have one question though: what is ovulation? I don't think I have ever experienced this phenomena before and am curious as to what occurs at this time. I would ask my partner but he is away for work purposes until tomorrow. I already purchased the book on amazon can't wait to read it!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
where does the egg go after it disintegrates?

• Locked thread