Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Main Wife
Oct 25, 2005

Dont fuck with me

SKeefe posted:

I don't really know if I should be posting this here or in the miscarriage thread, but here goes:

As I've said before, my wife has had two very early miscarriages. The second one was between 1-2 months ago. She was in a good bit of pain so we ended up going to the doctor and having an ultrasound, and they said there was a lot of blood/clots in her uterus.

We had the talk with the doctor and he suggested we wait about 3 months before beginning to try to get pregnant again, which we intended to do.

So here's my question. She never really bled a whole lot, at least not as much as was expected after the ultrasound (although she did have her levels checked again after about a week and they said that they had gone down like they should have). She just took a pregnancy test and we are pregnant again, so basically she never had a period after the miscarriage. I guess I am worried about whether or not the "wait 3 months" thing is for physical or emotional reasons. I'm wondering if she could still have blood/clots that could sort of make the uterus uninhabitable for the newly fertilized egg.

I don't know, I'm just worried again. Of course she will be going to the doctor some time soon and we'll probably get these answers from the doctor.

It's more to heal physically and emotionally - can't remember w/o pulling up the other thread if y'all had to do a d&c or not. If I remember right, it was more of a chemical pregnancy, right? So probably a mix of emotional and physical - if her levels went down y'all should be fine, but make sure the doc is aware of the history - remind them and all - so they can make sure all is well up in there (and you might get an early u/s out of it, if they want to make sure the HCG triggering the positive isn't residual). Wishing you much luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Main Wife
Oct 25, 2005

Dont fuck with me

Azulita posted:

I would recommend that your wife ask her doctor about progesterone. Progesterone pills are commonly prescribed to women with fertility problems or recurrent miscarriages to help the baby really stick, as it is sometimes low progesterone that causes miscarriage. She may also want to ask her doctor about taking baby aspirin, as maternal blood clotting disorders are also a common culprit behind recurrent miscarriage.

As far as waiting 3 months, I was told to wait a minimum of 2 months after my son was stillborn before trying again, or we had a serious risk of miscarriage. But that was a stillbirth. After my sister-in-law miscarried in November, however, she was told that the 3 month recommended wait was for purely psychological reasons. She and her husband declined to wait that long, got pregnant 3 weeks after the miscarriage, before her first period, and is now 30 weeks pregnant and doing great. Many of the girls in my pregnancy loss support group have similar stories.

I really wish you the best of luck!

Forgot about progesterone! :downs: Do this. Some say it's placebo-y but, hey, it got me to the 2nd trimester.

I was told 18 months between deliveries after my son was stillborn, but that may have been because of the c-section.

• Locked thread