Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I Wish I Was posted:

Posted in the pregnancy thread, but I thought I should keep an eye on this one as well since I'll be visiting it someday for realsies. I'll also likely learn some things that will come in handy when we do start trying.

I'm 36 and my boyfriend is 33, and we're probably going to try having kids at the beginning of next year. Right now I'm trying to do all the stuff you have to do before getting pregnant, like lose weight, quit smoking, get in better cardiovascular shape, and all that jazz.

Anyone else in here of "advanced maternal age" like me? I know it comes with its own set of challenges.

My mother had me at the age of 38, and I was the second try because the first baby didn't have a spine. And I still had spina bifida occulta. Apparently the risk of defects increases past some age. That being said, I think being a "later" mother is a great idea because of the extra stability and maturity it offers. So good luck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread