Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pluto
Apr 18, 2006

Weak.

Taima posted:

Hi everyone, I have kind of a tangential question that's been on my mind and I'm hoping it can be answered...

Have you ever thought of just talking with her? Don't shy away from bringing up the abortion topic, you both need to know what to expect from eachother if a slipup actually happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pluto
Apr 18, 2006

Weak.
Hi, I guess it's time to introduce myself. I've been reading all the pregnancy/parenting threads (for months) and my husband and I decided it's time to start actively trying to conceive. I'm rather nervous, because about 4 years ago we had an "oops" pregnancy which we decided to terminate when we received conformation she had downs after an amnio. She was 21 weeks at that point and the whole thing was pretty traumatic. I'm just crossing my fingers for a healthy baby this time. I'm now 27, childless, and my husband is 35 and starting to feel the push. The poor thing started finally feeling old last year when he got arthritis in his thumb he has to take medicine for every night. :3:

I wanted to get all the big stuff out of the way because I'll be quitting my job (I work in a smokey bar) shortly after getting pregnant, so I already bought a carseat, crib set including furniture and bedding, cloth diapers, and a bunch of unisex baby clothes for the first 6 months. I'm not a baby shower kinda gal. Have some books recommended in the other threads too, if you couldn't tell the baby fever hit hard. I swear when I see a baby I drop an egg, it's driving me nuts! I just want to get knocked up already!

Pluto
Apr 18, 2006

Weak.
Thanks, hopefully it was just one of those freak things that don't happen again. I'm still looking forward to this one though, because I finally feel really ready for it.

And it's fun to pee on things.

Pluto
Apr 18, 2006

Weak.
Thank you for the welcome everyone, and fishandcandy you can pm me if you want.

Pluto
Apr 18, 2006

Weak.
We stopped trying for about 4 years while getting ourselves financially stable, and now it finally feels right. There were times when it was difficult (like when my empty uterus was screaming at me!), but I think we did the right thing. Like I think you're doing the right thing.

Pluto
Apr 18, 2006

Weak.
The too-early-to-pregnancy-test is the worst! A week ago I used those fun little pee sticks which told me I was ovulating, and we had sex every day starting a few days before to a few after. Today I was having tiny little cramps on the left side of my uterus and an itty bitty bit of pink discharge. Really if I wasn't hyper focused about getting pregnant I would have missed it. Some sites say that could be the egg implanting, and others say it could just be spotting. So I may or may not be getting pregnant, which is the same boat I've been in. I'm going nuts!

The discharge didn't look like the kind I have when I do spot, so I dunno.

Pluto
Apr 18, 2006

Weak.
Thank you! I know intellectually that if I don't make it this month it's not the end of the world, but I want to get pregnant and have a baby NOW goddammit!

Maybe this parenting thing will teach me patience.

Pluto
Apr 18, 2006

Weak.
I'm sorry :(, how long have you been trying?

Pluto
Apr 18, 2006

Weak.

Bahunter22 posted:

When are you supposed to find out, Pluto?

my period will (would?) be do in 8 days. Good luck for you for next month! You may still be able to tell people for christmas :)

Pluto
Apr 18, 2006

Weak.
Ok so I'm 5 days till my peroid and couldn't take it anymore, started tearing through my dollar store tests. They were so light I couldn't tell if it was a positive or an evaporation line. So of course I have to know RIGHT NOW and got a 2 pack of those first response tests. One was the line test and one was digital. I'm knocked up!

Pluto
Apr 18, 2006

Weak.
Thanks! Of course I can't keep a secret and now everyone knows :)

Now when I'm a raging bitch at work I can blame it on my hormones.

Pluto
Apr 18, 2006

Weak.
Good luck! I didn't realize how anxious getting knocked up could be!

On another note I know I'm newly pregnant and all but OHMYGOD my nipples are swollen and hurt so bad. 8 more months of that is gonna suck. Always looked forward to the baby but not the pregnancy. Too bad the stork was a myth. :(

Pluto
Apr 18, 2006

Weak.

Hot Jam posted:

When did I say I planned to ignore it or said I thought it will go away? I know shes not willing to take a test until her next missed period which will be at least another week. I was just looking for a reference point as to how much thought I should be giving this until that point. I know nobody can actually tell me. Shes a fairly heavy drinker, which heightens my concern and makes it harder to sit and wait. Sorry to interrupt your gettin' knocked up thread with a question about gettin' knocked up.

I tested positive 5 days before my period with an early response test, you might want to try one of those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pluto
Apr 18, 2006

Weak.
Forget taking the test together, that part really doesn't matter. If she's the drinker you say she is she needs to man up and take the goddamn test and decide what she wants to do. Fetal Alcohol Syndrome is absolutely terrible and selfish to inflict onto another person, should she decide to keep it.

• Locked thread