Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jobarr
Aug 12, 2000

Casull posted:

Welp, I'm sold.

I'm curious about the MUI thing, though: If I got non-ultimate, would that mean that I wouldn't be able to type in Asian languages?

MUI is just for the language of the interface. I am pretty sure you can still input any language.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobarr
Aug 12, 2000

Factor Mystic posted:

This really cannot be stressed enough and should go in the OP.

Well it is also great for the odd old piece of hardware that you might run across on occasion that doesn't have new drivers. This has been a big help for me a few times already such as when I sell old poo poo on ebay and need to make sure it works or if a friend wants to connect his old cell to my computer.

Jobarr
Aug 12, 2000

Beforan posted:

In relation to this, I present: http://www.randomnation.co.uk/subsites/7progman/

quote:

Seven Prog Man enables the now unfamiliar and horrendously unproductive look and feel of Program Manager found in Windows 3.x and NT3.x for users of Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2.

Hahah, I wish I could install this. ;)

Jobarr
Aug 12, 2000

Tagra posted:

I went to open windows explorer and the list to the left only had "Libraries" with a magnifying glass spinning over it. No computer, no subfolders, nothing. My library folders were there, and if I right clicked explorer on the bar the jump list was there and they all opened correctly (except that the list on the left was still empty), but if I went to "computer" from any of those folders, it would lead to a blank screen and the loading bar up top would fill up and then just sit there.
I opened control panel to go look at the event viewer, and it turned out that was blank too. I could access any control panel command by searching for it in the start button, but the panel itself was blank.

This hasn't happened to me since I flattened and installed the RTM, but before that it happened occasionally. It might still happen to me eventually, who knows. Anyway, I think in my case it was related to Explorer thumbnails, and maybe specifically Haali's media splitter (x64). It seemed to happen a lot whenever I would browse folders with certain video files. Whenever it happened, I was able to kill rundll32.exe (or was it dllhost?) and everything began working again instantly.