Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Argila
Oct 23, 2008
this might be a dumb question: can I duel boot this? or does it need to have a previous os to install over?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argila
Oct 23, 2008
Thanks for the replies, I'll give this advice a shot.

Argila
Oct 23, 2008
Is anybody getting weird window focus issues? For some reason when I am typing in almost any program / app every once in a while windows will either switch to a different window, enter the text before I am finished with it, or switch to a different point in the typed text (think just clicking back in the message accept automatically). I was thinking it could be a keyboard driver but I use a laptop, not to sure if there is any drivers out there for the keyboard (I checked the driver disk that came with it). Anybody else having similar problems?
edit: using a dell xps 1530m

Argila fucked around with this message at 20:55 on May 29, 2009

Argila
Oct 23, 2008

Wheany posted:

Does the laptop have a touch pad? If it doesn't, you might be touching that with your palm and accidentally clicking somewhere else on the screen.

oh.
my.
god.
I am an idiot. Thanks for thinking simple and solving my woes.

Argila
Oct 23, 2008
Pretty sure it does not, the only virtual disk program I know that works is poweriso.