Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Emergency
Apr 2, 2009

Can we talk?

Sparkyhodgo posted:

Believe it or not, this could be a deal breaker for me.

No worries. Set it on XP compatibility and give write permission to the Baldur's Gate 2 folder in case it's missing and it'll work just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Emergency
Apr 2, 2009

Can we talk?

Argila posted:

this might be a dumb question: can I duel boot this? or does it need to have a previous os to install over?

You can dual boot but just remember to install it on a partition without files from previous Windows versions. If you install it on a partition on which you have Windows installed or a "Program Files" -folder on it it'll move those files over to a folder called "Windows.old"

General Emergency
Apr 2, 2009

Can we talk?

evobatman posted:

I cannot get Planescape Torment to work :( No go with compatibility mode or virtual XP. Running x64 7100. Anyone else had any luck?

It's running fine for me with the same setup. I did a fresh install of it and it didn't even need compatibility modes or anything.

General Emergency
Apr 2, 2009

Can we talk?

evobatman posted:

Which version are you running? I'm trying to install from the 4 cd-version, and nothing happens. setup.exe*32 is running, but nothing visible on the screen.

I have the original 4 CD version of it. Did you try forcing the setup to run as administrator?

General Emergency
Apr 2, 2009

Can we talk?

Nam Taf posted:

Antivirus: NOD32, AVG, Avira, Avast!
Firewall: Windows inbuilt one

That's how I roll.

COMODO Internet Security (Firewall + Antivirus) also works. Just run the installer in compatibility mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Emergency
Apr 2, 2009

Can we talk?

Sylink posted:

Normally isn't for me either. That is what makes it so loving odd. Especially since win 7 comes with .net 3.5.1?

I guess you somehow managed to deselect it during install or something. Turn it on from "Turn windows features on or off"