Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Any trustworthy ISO-to-USB writer program for Windows 10 that doesn't require admin rights?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Dylan16807 posted:

If you need to make it old-style bootable, there's no avoiding it. You need admin rights to make a handful of raw writes to the drive.

If you're booting via UEFI, just copy the files from the ISO to the USB drive. (Which you can access via right click mount on the ISO, or 7zip, or winrar, etc.) Also the drive might need to be formatted as FAT32.

Well gently caress. Guess I'll need to go back home and rebuild my PC to write the drat thing.

I have no idea what UEFI is :newlol:

E: I'm trying to HACK into my mum's laptop by booting up Kali because no-one knows the loving password.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm just going to ignore Teams until it eventually goes away, like I've done with every other piece of software or web service the head office decides to force on us for no reason. "Teams is meant to cut down on inter-team e-mails." OK but a) lol and b) why?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

This, too, shall pass.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

GreenNight posted:

We've been calling ours AS400 for 30 years. It hasn't been a true AS400 in 20. So who knows.

Before we switched from proprietary software running on a main-frame to SAP running on IDK feels like a Mattel Aquarius, we used to call the system rear end (as in the animal, not the American body part).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Free and simple program to read hosed-uply formatted hard-disk drives? I know I used something on my Windows 7 box but I'm old so I don't remember what it was. I pulled a drive out of an old LaCie Lego brick (because the PSU died) and it can't be read normangdly.