Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Not sure where else to ask, hopefully this is the right thread.

I'd really like a video player that is capable of playing a video track + audio track of that video + an additional external audio track (in like, an mp3 format) at the same time. Synced but with an offset.
Is there anything like that? I couldn't find poo poo myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Klyith posted:

VLC -> Open Multiple Files -> Show more options -> Play another media synchronously

The answer to any A/V question is "yes, VLC can do that".

Crazy, I remember specifically googling if VLC had that feature and getting no results.

Thanks.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I have an annoyance that I'd like to fix but I'm not sure how, maybe someone here has an idea.

I have two screens. I have a bunch of poo poo open on both screens. I want to open another program or whatever from a shortcut on my desktop.
I use Win + D to do that, but the problem is that all the poo poo on my secondary screen stays minimized and I have to maximize it manually.

Is there a shortcut that only temporarily minimizes stuff on the main screen, or something?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Arivia posted:

Press Win+D again.

That will simply minimize the new program I just opened.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I guess I'll keep doing Win+Tab - Desktop 2 - Open Program - Move to Desktop 1, but you'd think that Windows would have a feature to look at the desktop temporary.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Klyith posted:

Win+M to minimize all windows, Win+Shift+M to restore everything that the last win+m minimized

Keep computing like a grandma with slightly less fiddle faddle.

Ah, that's useful. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Is there a way to make a program always open on a specific screen?
There's a program I use a lot and it always opens on my main screen but I always want it on my second screen.