Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rawrbomb
Mar 11, 2011

rawrrrrr

Bright Bart posted:

Okay, I hope this is the right place for this:

I downloaded a certificate from the Ministry in a .pfx to sign prescriptions at home if I need to. When importing using the MS Certificate Import Wizard, I forgot to select the extra security option of having to enter a password each time it's used. This is not an imminent threat since I don't take this laptop anywhere, but I'd still like to know how I can delete the imported certificate and re-import it, this time with a password requirement.

The Wizard isn't much help because it just tells me something like 'Imported certificates are stored where your operating system stores imported certificates. This one will be stored in the same location'. I'm using W11.

I'm pretty sure it'd be in the certificate manager, probably under personal? But that should at least be where your certificates are stored.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rawrbomb
Mar 11, 2011

rawrrrrr

double nine posted:

will windows (10) panic and think it's in the wrong PC because of the hardware changes (aka will I need to get a clean install for windows somewhere?)

Very unlikely. Windows survives most things now adays. You might benefit from a reset or reinstall, but it shouldn't be required.

double nine posted:

hello, I'm going to have to replace the motherboard and CPU of a pc, keeping the power supply, gpu, RAM, hard drives and case.
Are you positive that you can? If you're getting a new motherboard and you were on DDR4 ram for example, in some cases you won't be able to use it, and even if you could would harm performance. I'd check over in the building megathread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3970266

Rawrbomb
Mar 11, 2011

rawrrrrr

VelociBacon posted:

Can't your copy your fonts folder? I'm trying to remember if you can install fonts without them appearing in that folder, I'm pretty sure you can't but I could be wrong.

99% sure you still just copy the fonts folder.