Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

99pct of germs
Apr 13, 2013

Long story short, I have a Lenovo laptop that comes with a Realtek audio controller. The manufacturer audio driver is absolute dog poo poo and strips away audio enhancements that I use (volume equalization). If I use the official Realtek driver it fixes the problem and works fine.

The problem is Windows Updates decides yanno gently caress you were going to force install the other driver instead. I tried disabling including driver updates through gpedit but no dice it still force installs the manufacturers driver.

Is there a way to stop this because its really loving annoying.

edit: Just tried disabling it under advanced system settings too so I'll see if that does the trick.

99pct of germs fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Mar 10, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU