Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
I know this is a long shot, but is there any way to disable Games Explorer? It's really beginning to piss me off.

Firstly, my games dont have Start Menu entries anymore, so if I want to get to thing that used to live in a game's program group (like the manual or data editor etc.) I have to browse to the actual location via Explorer.

Also, I can't seem to pin game shortcutrs to the taskbar, which means a few extra clicks to get into Games Explorer instead and launch from there.

Of course, Games Explorer itself is already cluttered with all the poo poo card games that come with Windows so finding my stuff isnt as easy as it should be either.

So is there any way to stop Games Explorer eating all my games' start menu entries? Or at least a way to pin games to the taskbar?

EDIT: Hmm, it looks like its just Football Manager 2009 I can't pin to the taskbar for some reason. How strange...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Is there a good free program that will batch resize and/or rotate images, while keeping a copy of the originals? I don't need it to keep them organized or anything, just manipulate them if necessary

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
I'm not sure if this exists, but I'm looking for a small program that will add an item to the right-click menu in Explorer which, when run after right clicking a folder, will bring all the contents of that folder and all sub-folders up to the top level.

i.e. if I start with

C:\stuff

which contains

C:\stuff\stuffa.txt
C:\stuff\stuff1\stuffb.txt
C:\stuff\stuff1\stuffc.txt
C:\stuff\stuff2\stuffd.txt

I want to end up with

C:\stuff\stuffa.txt
C:\stuff\stuffb.txt
C:\stuff\stuffc.txt
C:\stuff\stuffd.txt

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Thanks guys. I managed to find this http://levelzap.codeplex.com/ which does the trick. Although it does ask for confirmation for every single folder which is a huge pain in the arse.

I had another question. I used to have LogMeIn installed on my parents' computers to let me troubleshoot from my place. After all our machines got replaced and the account details got misplaced I need to start over with some sort of solution. Is LogMeIn still the best way to do this? I'm looking for something simple, free, and that won't require me to forward ports (my parents PCs are behind a lovely router their ISP gave them which doesn't allow port forwarding)

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
What's a good programme to convert ogg to mp3, both individually and by batch?

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Which disk imaging/restore software would people recommend? Ideally I'd want something that was pretty flexible with scheduling, i.e. keep an image for each of the last 7 days, then weekly for the past month, then monthly for a year. It'd need to be as reliable as possible too.
I've heard good things about Acronis, but I've also heard that sometimes restores can be tricky or failure prone. Is this the case?

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Read posted:

Be wary, the interface customization rabbit hole goes deep!

How did you do this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Read posted:

Taskbar is auto-hiding on the left side of the screen and the rest is Rainmeter. The top and side transparent bars, calendar, run button, trash icon, weather, music player, email and cpu stats are all from the Enigma skin. The date on the top left is Chronophage from the Aperture Laboratories skin. The launch icons at the top are from the Animus Whiteroom skin. The clock at the bottom is from the Encoded skin, under headers.

You can download Rainmeter here: http://rainmeter.net/cms/

You can find all the skins either on the Rainmeter site, Deviantart or through google.

The general layout is cribbed from a screenshot someone posted.

That's great, thank you