Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
So I've been using Microsoft Calendar on my home computer for all my personal reminders for ages.

Just had it tell me it was now integrating with Outlook which I have no interest in using, but Calendar wouldn't load until I "upgraded".

I did and now every single reminder is loving gone.

Thanks Microsoft. That's just loving great. Bravo.

edit: thank gently caress. Turns out you can revert to old Outlook which causes the original Calendar to reappear with all my dates. Guess I know what I'm doing for the next hour - migrating every single date on my calendar to another app.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Dec 9, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

doctorfrog posted:

Not sure if this would fit your use case, but EssentialPIM is pretty similar to organizational apps of old, at least it was last time I used it--ten years ago. Its whole reason for being is that it's an old school kind of application. It reminds me of Palm Desktop, which I think will also still run on Windows.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I've been using Microsoft Calendar forever because it's so simple and quick to set dates and events. This year, Microsoft decided to gently caress me about by making it fully part of Outlook for no goddamn reason. But, of course, none of my saved data got ported over with the change, so I had to keep switching back to the old version of Calendar, complete with annoying messages from Microsoft and "why aren't you using the new version" questionnaire. Every. Single. Time.

Naturally, I tried saving my calendar and importing it to the new Outlook calendar. One problem - none of the instructions on the internet worked. They all said to click on options which simply did not exist on Outlook on my computer.

Finally, after weeks of this bullshit, I found out why things didn't work - all the instructions were for Outlook.com, the website not the Windows app. Only, not a single goddamn Support.Microsoft.Useless.Pricks link mentioned that did they? No, they did not.

And thank you to the University of Iowa for actually having the answer, of all people.

e: So, to put this in the form of a question - what is a good stand- alone Calendar app for Windows? I don't mind if it's not free, I'm happy to pay for good software.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Mar 22, 2024