Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FistLips
Dec 14, 2004

Must I dream and always see your face?

Strabo4 posted:

Running 7100 64bit right now. I haven't encountered a single bluescreen yet and almost every program has worked. I had XP Pro previously and it feels a lot faster and smoother than it. Looking forward to being able to buy it.

Could you - and anyone else using Win7 right now for that matter - please tell me what programs aren't working? I'm getting a new computer without any OS on it next week and was considering putting Windows 7 on it and using that until it's available for purchase instead of paying for Vista now...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FistLips
Dec 14, 2004

Must I dream and always see your face?

Zuffox posted:

Are you using a laptop?...

If you already have a computer with a lot of the software you intend to run, download Windows Upgrade Advisor Beta, which will check for programs that might not work on Windows 7 (at least for the time being).

I mainly use my Macbook for browsing, IM and such (plus I'll be going back to school this fall, so some word processing). Right now I only have Windows XP in a VM on it. The machine I'll be purchasing will be a desktop (This one, in fact) and will mostly be used for video and music, and the occasional game.

Zuffox posted:

And be advized, everyone, that the torrent versions of Windows 7 are reported to be ridden with malware, trojans or whatnot. Reminiscent of the botnet of Macs which was created by people downloading pirated versions of Photoshop and other warez. You should suffer through Microsoft's download speeds rather than taking the seemingly easy way.

Yeah, I downloaded the RC straight from Microsoft - don't quite get why you'd download an OS from an unsecure source when you can get the same thing for free from the people that make it, even if it might be a bit faster...

Thanks for answers to you others, too!