Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Vickey + Wilson - time wasting callers (despite Doton trying his best) = first decent World Football phone-in in a long while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.
Indeed, Jonathan Wilson is wonderful. The most knowledgeable pundit on Football Weekly and fairly interesting. His dry wit isn't always as good as Glenndenning but he's probably my favourite pundit. World Cup Daily was good and I'm looking forward to the return of Football Weekly. The Game World Cup was a complete waste of time so I hope the regular one will be better.

Cjones
Jul 4, 2008

Democracia Socrates, MD
When is 606 coming back on, I miss listening to people yell cynically about England

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

Sad Panda posted:

Indeed, Jonathan Wilson is wonderful. The most knowledgeable pundit on Football Weekly and fairly interesting. His dry wit isn't always as good as Glenndenning but he's probably my favourite pundit. World Cup Daily was good and I'm looking forward to the return of Football Weekly. The Game World Cup was a complete waste of time so I hope the regular one will be better.

His book about 10 key matches in England's history is a great read, I want him to start writing contextual narratives on every Premiership game this season

BrassMonkey
May 10, 2003

Mr. Paradise

Monday Bandele posted:

His book about 10 key matches in England's history is a great read, I want him to start writing contextual narratives on every Premiership game this season

Has anyone read Inverting the Pyramid? Its Wilson's history of football strategy.

http://www.amazon.com/Inverting-Pyramid-History-Football-Tactics/dp/0752889958

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

BrassMonkey posted:

Has anyone read Inverting the Pyramid? Its Wilson's history of football strategy.

http://www.amazon.com/Inverting-Pyramid-History-Football-Tactics/dp/0752889958

Yeah, it's fantastic. Took me a little while to get into it, but once I did I couldn't put it down.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

NPower Football League Podcast. Also available on ITunes. Seems kind of soulless but at least Championship footballers can string a few sentences together.

Anyone else got pod tips for the new season?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Anyone know when the different podcasts are doing their season previews?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Mickolution posted:

Anyone know when the different podcasts are doing their season previews?

I think Football Weekly returns this week, dunno if it's just Thursday or both days.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Good to hear Steve Claridge tearing into Capello on 606.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

MoPZiG posted:

Good to hear Steve Claridge tearing into Capello on 606.

What was he saying?

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!
From twitter: Today's Football Weekly will be recording at 11.30. Panel: @acjimbo, @bglendenning, @john_ashdown, @seaningle. Any questions?

So expect it out in a few hours I guess, hurray!

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!
IT'S OUT AT FIVE PM

Alan BStard fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Aug 12, 2010

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
thanks for the information, Alan BStard

luvd_ fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Aug 12, 2010

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Nice one. Are Soccernet doing a preview does anyone know? They haven't released one in ages.

Umbriago
Aug 27, 2004

The return of Football Weekly officially signifies that the football season is about to begin. OH YES!

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
It's up.

e - I wouldn't listen to this Villa fans..

luvd_ fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Aug 12, 2010

Craiglen
Sep 2, 2006
"If Bebe was homeless does that mean he's good in the box?" -James Richardson

SharpyShuffle
Aug 20, 2007

Glendenning is still a lazy retard/masterful troll

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Craiglen posted:

this was amazing

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Thank gently caress Football Weekly is back.

MOSF
Apr 29, 2009

Mickolution posted:

Nice one. Are Soccernet doing a preview does anyone know? They haven't released one in ages.

I think this is it:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/feature?id=376252&sec=soccernet.com&cc=5739

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Nice one, thanks! Had to resubscribe.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Anyone know what the story is with the Soccernet one this season? It used to be Monday/Thursday, same as Football Weekly, but the last two came out on Wednesday and there was only one per week. Is that what it's going to be all season? Perhaps they don't think there's need for two until the European leagues and CL proper come back. Wednesday's an odd day if it stays like that, as it's in the middle of the CL "gameday" or whatever the gently caress they call it.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Soccernet keep changing their correspondents which would be OK as long as the new guys werent all sky4 fanboys.

Also Alan Davies' podcast is back but the other clubs' pods on the same network havent started up again?

r-lam
Jul 12, 2005

JAROME, EETZ ME!

Craiglen posted:

topped on football weekly extra by a reader saying "i don't know why you think he's unknown.. usually the papers are all over him"

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

New French guy on the Guardian Pod is quite good. Does this mean the end of Paul Doyle?

Russ
Dec 17, 2005

Chimping around, kick my brains round the floor
These are the days - it never rains but it pours
I hope so I hate Paul Doyle in entertainment terms he's the Anti-Glendenning

Jimbo's arguements with Barney Ronay are becoming more frequent and more aggressive and I'm not sure what to think after they mentioned that they fight a lot this week. Barney's silence after James Richardson mentioned that they actually get on well when they are not on air makes me think that either he really hates Jimbo or they are both very good friends and feel they can argue a lot with each other knowing that they probably won't hurt the other person's feelings.

James Richardson should write an autobiography one day and tell all about the sexy exciting times he has had in his career talking to people about football

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

MoPZiG posted:

New French guy on the Guardian Pod is quite good. Does this mean the end of Paul Doyle?

doubtful. Probably just happened to be in London with enough time to be on the podcast, he's a full-time writer for France Football, so I doubt he'll even be as regular as Dr. Sid or any of the other contributors.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Russ posted:

I hope so I hate Paul Doyle in entertainment terms he's the Anti-Glendenning

Haven't listened to this week's yet, but I much prefer Paul Doyle to Glendenning. At least he knows what he's on about.

Umbriago
Aug 27, 2004

Does anyone know anything about the rumours that Glendenning's absence is due to police charges? I saw some mutterings about it in the comments section to the most recent pod.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
I fuckin love AC Jimbo.

Love it more when he moves from neutral host to football enthusiast (the end of the recent pod where they were going on about Foggia) or when he defends Italian football (p constantly).

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Umbriago posted:

Does anyone know anything about the rumours that Glendenning's absence is due to police charges? I saw some mutterings about it in the comments section to the most recent pod.

Haha, wonder what that's all about.

Umbriago
Aug 27, 2004

Mickolution posted:

Haha, wonder what that's all about.

As well as his pod absences, he hasn't posted to his Twitter account for a few weeks nor had any articles published. It's possible that he's on holiday, but the comments very odd.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

A Guardian contributor said in the comments of the Extra podcast today that he's on his sabbatical.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Antti posted:

A Guardian contributor said in the comments of the Extra podcast today that he's on his sabbatical.

I checked earlier and he hasn't done the fiver since August 23rd. Strange.

Molotov Yogurt
Nov 29, 2000

buff man riddim
Anyone else listen to the Football Ramble?

COBI JONES!!!

Stim
Sep 6, 2006

We are not feeling edgy; the system is feeling nervous.
They mentioned Barry in this weeks pod. He's in Turkey apparently. Will be back start of October.

Also I hope they don't have the guy from Zonal Marking on often. I already find his articles annoying enough.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

Stim posted:

Also I hope they don't have the guy from Zonal Marking on often. I already find his articles annoying enough.

Seconded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Definitely downloading the Up for Grabs podcast this week. Cant wait to see what Davies made of this shower :devil: