Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

ButtWolf posted:

Why did I see dozens of vids and articles saying its perfect? Its tight af.

"This video contains paid promotional content"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Nierbo posted:

Would a video get pulled from YouTube if it uses a midi of a DMCAable song? Assuming all other parts of the video are considered fair use.

It's unlikely the algorithm would catch it but it is a copyright violation so if the rights holder manually flagged it then yes.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Pham Nuwen posted:

Yeah, I never had any desire to make money off the video, and I'd be happy for the artist to get some ad revenue since I'm a big fan, but someone in the chain decided to be a dick. I thought about uploading it to vimeo instead but their docs make it sound like they do a similar copyright scanning process. Ended up just dropping it in Protonmail's Drive thing and sending the download link to friends.

Sorry dude but they aren't being the dick here. It's there work you used without permission. Try emailing and asking.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Michael Bay's entire filmography is circle dollies zooming around truck nuts

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

timp posted:

Hey video people :)

I've been tasked with researching and purchasing items for a small business video production studio. It will be used for stuff like product feature videos, tech explainers, interviews, and any other type of company video one might want to produce.

A co-worker and I have finished our research and we're left with a list of items to buy. But before buying them, I figured it would probably be smart to have people who actually know a thing or two about video production review the list to make sure we're not wasting thousands of dollars on something we don't need, or forgetting something essential. Feedback welcome!

The room itself is your typical office space; dimensions are roughly 11ft x 16ft with a 10ft ceiling. My plan was to use a room dividing curtain to section off about 5 feet of the back of the room, which is meant to function as equipment storage, help with sound muffling, and make the room smaller, requiring less sound baffling overall.

---

CAMERAS
(1) Sony Alpha a7 III, (1) Gopro Hero9

LENS
(1) TAMRON 28-75mm F2.8 Di III RXD

JIB
(1) Edelkrone JibONE Bundle #053, including Pan PRO, HeadPLUS v2, case, controller, etc.

LIGHTS
(1) Neewer 700W Softbox

MICS
(1) EW 112P G4-A, (1) Shure w/ 20ft extension cables

TRIPOD
(1) Manfrotto 290 tripod w/ fluid head

EDITING SOFTWARE
Adobe Premiere (we already have Creative Cloud)

SOUND BAFFLING
(40) SoundAssured 4-packs, (2) Foam Bass Trap 4-packs

DATA STORAGE
(1) Seagate 5TB

BACKDROP
(1) Neewer Green Background Screen

HEADPHONES
(1) Sony MDR-7506

COMPUTER
(1) HP Pavilion Computer

ROOM DIVIDER CURTAIN
(1) BGment Room Divider Curtain

My co-conspirator recently added the jib bundle and he's 100% convinced it's needed. It's like $3,700 and by far the most expensive thing on the budget. To me it feels a bit like a novelty, but I can't deny it produces some great, professional looking shots.

Alright, light my rear end up! What's totally unnecessary, and what's totally obvious that I forgot?

Are you doing everything inside this specific room? You don't need the jib or the GoPro.

The places you actually want to spend money are audio and lighting, and maybe a better DSLR long before that. You want three sources of continuous light, you definitely don't want cabled handheld mics (you don't specify which Shure which usually means a 58 but correct me if I'm wrong. Even if you're immediately incredibly skilled with your grip gear (you won't be, you will suck for a very long time) there's no point getting a beautiful shot of a poorly lit dude tripping over a mic cable. And if your audio is bad it doesn't matter what you've put on screen, you've already lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

timp posted:

I just wanted to pop in real quick to say thanks to Joe Bogan and Tanglewood1420 for the feedback! We've made some changes to our budget based on your suggestions :) I'd love to come back in here and post our first video once we're finally up and running! It will be a boring and soulless corporate product video but at least it'll LOOK like a million bucks

Cool! Best of luck and in the words of every failson producer on the planet, have fun with it!