Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flyer
Jan 23, 2005

One Wheeled Bandit
I'm a RED data manager, working towards being a full-on DIT, though coming more from the computer side of things it's an interesting journey.

Our gear package is coming in over the next few days for a TV show that's being shot, a few RED bodies, likely a set of Cooke S4s, and I got to play with the Angie Optimo 24-290 two days ago - I'm glad I'm not often in the position to have to deal with that sucker when we're losing the light. It weighs like 13kg.

Walnut Crunch posted:

Jumping in to bring some P2 love.

I worked on a feature with two HVX3000s recently, they are nice cameras and can make some amazing images, however they are perhaps more built for ENG than they are for theatrical film work. A full RED kit is probably the same price as a full HVX3000 kit after you get batteries and lenses and pay me and sort out post etc, but I think the RED makes nicer images, as well as the raw format video as opposed to having to set up your matrix beforehand and being tied to whatever mistakes or successes you had while filming. I guess it's not so bad as all that but once you have the flexibility it's hard to let it go easily.

Also that steadicam is amazing. I love watching his 1st AC chasing after him with the FF remote in hand too, haha. That looks like fun.

If anyone has any questions about RED post or what it's like erasing your negatives every day (after I back them up of course) feel free to fire away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU