Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hippo Eats Midget
Jan 4, 2006

Slim Pickens posted:

Edit: I'll look into that red rock and other 35mm adapters, but just from looking at the redrock page my first thought is "holy poo poo I bet that's expensive as all hell".

And it is, nearly 7 grand for a complete setup. But god drat does it take some awesome footage.

http://www.redrockmicro.com/lensadapter/

I went and bought one of these last year for a short I was making (buying one was cheaping than renting one with lenses) and it worked out to total around $5,500 AUD (including postage) for both the kit (rails, baseplate, follow-focus, handle-bars, flip-screen, everything except a matte-box) and 3 new Nikon lenses. Its a good kit. Not the most expensive lens kit around or the best, and unfortunately its got issues with the EX series (corner vignetting) but its definitely been worth it for me as I'm now making plenty of money back on the investment by renting it out to the start-up studios I know. Not to mention it's helped quite a bit with networking as well and it even helped win a Tropfest award for best cinematography for this film.

If I had the money though, I'd get a Letus Ultimate. Worked with one of those and they are absolutely leagues ahead of the Redrock, with none of its problems. Don't know which one loses more light to be honest, but the Ultimate has none of the issues that the Redrock has with the EX series. The problem is that it costs far more. The Letus Elite, however, doesn't so I'd say if anyone's looking for an adaptor, the Elite is your best option.

Any Melbourne guys out there having trouble looking for work at the moment? I picked up a half-hour short film edit job that starts in the middle of this month, but besides that I've seen only one or two good editing positions open up in the past 4 months in Melbourne. Anyone had any better luck?

Hippo Eats Midget fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Sep 7, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU