Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ethelinda Sapsea
Aug 11, 2006

Jesse Eisenberg fighting Michael Cera. It's supposed to be bundles of twigs topped with brillo pads
Finally got my s50 engine running in my e30. Woo. Now it just needs an exhaust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethelinda Sapsea
Aug 11, 2006

Jesse Eisenberg fighting Michael Cera. It's supposed to be bundles of twigs topped with brillo pads

Mr. Toast posted:

Sup S5X swap buddy :hfive:

I'd go with OBD2 headers into an OBD2 midpipe and a UUC System U personally, unless you want something more aggressive

I looked around and couldn't find decent e36 pipes and while UUC stuff sounds great, it's way outside my price range. I pieced together a cat, resonator and muffler and I'm getting it welded up tomorrow. Hopefully it doesn't sound like crap. Anything is better than open headers.

Ethelinda Sapsea
Aug 11, 2006

Got my S50 exhaust all built. The e30 is now without question the best cheap car I've ever driven.

Ethelinda Sapsea
Aug 11, 2006

Ziploc posted:

Did you overheat those? They are still well above the wear bars. And I have no idea how you lost that little strip on the inside.

Negative camber.

Ethelinda Sapsea
Aug 11, 2006

Black88GTA posted:

One thing you may definitely want to do as PM - if your expansion tank is yelowish semi-translucent plastic (as the one in the pic appears), there is an updated one (black) available from BMW for about $100. Seems that the yellowish one likes to violently explode without warning once it gets a few years on it...

The black ones blow up as well. (Well, they crack or split at least. Blowing-up sounds cooler though). It's more about age and heat cycles than color. Plastic just doesn't last forever, especially around hot pressurized coolant.

Ethelinda Sapsea
Aug 11, 2006

Finally replaced the steering rack in my e30. I bought a remanufactured e36 rack off ebay a few months ago but I've been putting off installing it.

...And man, it was a pain in the rear end to get that rack to work. I'd been told by many e30 guys that the e36 rack swap was fairly easy but I wrestled with it from 9am to 5pm.

Anyway, I feel better now that I don't have parts sitting around waiting to go in my car anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethelinda Sapsea
Aug 11, 2006

Real OEM prices aren't usually very accurate. Meaning that the handle might cost even more.