Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavepimp
Nov 10, 2006
New tires (Goodyear Eagle GTs). Holy crap, it feels like a totally different car now that I got off the unevenly worn winter tires I've been running on for too long. I think I just cut my road noise in half.

Also dumped Sea Foam in just about every orifice possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavepimp
Nov 10, 2006

Doctor Zero posted:

I hope you're still talking about your car.

Figured I should at least say hi again so you know I'm alive. That poo poo will clean out your sinuses, I tell ya.

A couple days ago I also had to ghetto-rig my brake light on/off switch because one of the wires sheared completely off. It is uncomfortable working under the driver's side dash of a Mustang in a hurry in 90 degree heat, but my temporary fix seems to be holding fine (unplugged the connector, took the offending wire and stripped the end, crammed it in the same hole the poles on the switch plug into, and snapped it back on...totally ghetto, but it was snug and didn't easily pull out) so I might just leave it until it fails again.

Cavepimp
Nov 10, 2006

ExecuDork posted:

Given these results and the disappointing lack of giant clouds of smoke when I followed the Seafoam procedure, it's possible my engine simply wasn't very dirty, despite the 315 000 km on it.

If you only Seafoamed the crankcase and/or gas tank you won't see any smoke. If you sucked some into the engine with a vacuum line you'll get tons, whether the engine is dirty or not.

Plus you might get the added bonus of finding out you've got a leak/crack in your exhaust manifold like me! :v:

Cavepimp
Nov 10, 2006

Splizwarf posted:

Seconding Execudork. Sometimes, you get Clouds of Doom. Sometimes, meh. There's so many variables involved.

Interesting, I guess I'd never heard stories of the "meh" type before. I've always had impressive clouds.

Then again, I'm still very much a newbie to most things AI so I won't run around pretending to be an expert in here anytime soon.

About to go out and see if I can find my exhaust leak after picking up another can of seafoam (since that seemed to make it pretty obvious last time with the smoke pouring out of the driver's side of the engine bay, but I was standing on the wrong side of the car to see exactly where). Hopefully it's just the gasket.