Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DogDodger
Nov 19, 2006

Hellcat likes it rough.

interwhat posted:

Would you happen to be affiliated with Modshack?

Modshack doesn't have the 370 any more. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DogDodger
Nov 19, 2006

Hellcat likes it rough.

Imperador do Brasil posted:

What a PITA those must be to clean.

Speaking of which, replacing the rear brake pad sensor on the R56 Mini Cooper is ridiculous compared to how hard it should be.

DogDodger
Nov 19, 2006

Hellcat likes it rough.
Got some new tires mounted for the TT. It's gonna take a bit of a break from track duty, so I went with some reportedly good-bang-for-the-buck Hankook V12s. I'm about to put the summer tires back on the RS 4 and bleed its brakes. Road Atlanta beckons.

DogDodger
Nov 19, 2006

Hellcat likes it rough.
I had big plans today. I was going to change the oil in the TT and my girlfriend's Mini, and put the summer wheels on the TT. Thanks to this, however, the only thing I accomplished was changing the TT's oil and tearing the hell out of my arms and knuckles.

DogDodger
Nov 19, 2006

Hellcat likes it rough.

Rorac posted:

I can't tell if you did it or not, but for an oil filter that just will not come off, the working solution I've found was to get a screwdriver and a hammer and impale the screwdriver through the filter and use that for more leverage.

Thanks. I contemplated doing this, but I was having trouble finding an angle that would net both good leverage on the screwdriver and space to swing the hammer. The filter isn't in a real friendly place. You can see it in about the center of this picture, just below the ribbed cable:

You have to go at it from the bottom, and once you remove the belly pan there are a few flexible hoses to move as well as a rigid structural hose that connected the two SMICs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DogDodger
Nov 19, 2006

Hellcat likes it rough.
I actually just got a set on the TT here recently, 225/40-18 as well. It's gonna take a break from track duty, and these seemed like a decent bang for the buck.