Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RowanAmeth
May 23, 2007
I got my '88 Bronco II towed up to my dad's house in preparation for replacing the high-pressure fuel pump, and possibly dropping the tank to replace the low-pressure assembly if required, which would mean gaining a working fuel gauge as well.

Also I filled up the tires, while lamenting the slow leak on both the tires on the left side which I'm hoping is just because the tires are old, and not because the rims aren't holding a seal properly. I love those goddamn rims. And I hooked up a trickle charger to the battery, because it'd been sitting for about a month and needed topping up.

Next step is to check the wiring to the pumps, and if that's not the problem, it's a trip to a parts store to get a pump or two. Also considering replacing the valve cover gaskets, as they're leaking slightly and while it's not a major issue yet, it's one less thing to worry about if I just do it. Also at some point I should probably get the transmission seals replaced, as they leak when the fluid warms up. That will probably be done at a shop (maybe the valve covers too) so I don't end up breaking something with my blatant lack of experience.

As an aside, the tow truck driver knew an awful lot about BIIs, so he was able to give me some good advice and words of encouragement. Bonus!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU