Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
In the past week I:
Replaced my shifter (had a lovely one come with the transmission I bought, put a stocker on)
Replaced my HVAC controls (had a couple of burnt out lights, needed this for years)
Adjusted the freeplay in the clutch pedal (was making noise when disengaged, is quiet now)
AND!
Finally put a new turbo on! It's still a CT-26, but it's been upgraded to a 57-trim compressor wheel. It boosts much more quickly and pulls all the way to redline now. I'm sure I've got some boost leakage because my stock intercooler hoses and clamps are lovely, especially the one coming off the turbo.

However, I was playing around on Ebay last night with the Make An Offer feature, and like an idiot I made an offer that was accepted for a new intercooler and piping kit. It's a cheapo, most likely made in China set and it'll be here Friday. I hope it's better than what I have now, but it was ~$80 for a replacement lower hose from Toyota and only $300 shipped for an entire kit of hard pipes with an intercooler.

I just know I'm going to want to put a fuel tuning computer in and get some dyno time to lean out the mixture, as it's running pig rich.

edit: this is all for my '92 Supra Turbo, for anyone who is new around these parts. I'm hoping to get the intercooler kit installed this weekend and take it to Zmax dragway up in Concord on the 18th. Any Charlotte-area goons interested?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Avjet-A posted:

I stripped off 140,000 miles worth of road grime and baked oil from a Toyota A340E transmission that I bought this week.
Bling!!

Next week I’ll be visiting some of the local rebuild shops to see about rebuild quotes.

What kind of car is this for? I assume a Supra of some sort.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Nocheez posted:

In the past week I:
Replaced my shifter (had a lovely one come with the transmission I bought, put a stocker on)
Replaced my HVAC controls (had a couple of burnt out lights, needed this for years)
Adjusted the freeplay in the clutch pedal (was making noise when disengaged, is quiet now)
AND!
Finally put a new turbo on! It's still a CT-26, but it's been upgraded to a 57-trim compressor wheel. It boosts much more quickly and pulls all the way to redline now. I'm sure I've got some boost leakage because my stock intercooler hoses and clamps are lovely, especially the one coming off the turbo.

However, I was playing around on Ebay last night with the Make An Offer feature, and like an idiot I made an offer that was accepted for a new intercooler and piping kit. It's a cheapo, most likely made in China set and it'll be here Friday. I hope it's better than what I have now, but it was ~$80 for a replacement lower hose from Toyota and only $300 shipped for an entire kit of hard pipes with an intercooler.

I just know I'm going to want to put a fuel tuning computer in and get some dyno time to lean out the mixture, as it's running pig rich.

edit: this is all for my '92 Supra Turbo, for anyone who is new around these parts. I'm hoping to get the intercooler kit installed this weekend and take it to Zmax dragway up in Concord on the 18th. Any Charlotte-area goons interested?
Christ, I had to quote myself because I just last weekend got the intercooler and pipes installed. It took over 2 months to finish this project due to the kit being a piece of poo poo and me having to buy a different intercooler and another random piping kit to fashion something together.

The good news? The car pulls like a loving freight train! It's actually hitting fuel cut (which I haven't had happen for years) due to all the boost going where it's supposed to be. I need to adjust the boost down a bit, add one more bracket to hold everything in place, and then put the undercover back on.