Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Went crawling up some random trails that I found by scoping out my town's bypass and tested the new tires.

Click here for the full 1280x853 image.

Looked like there was an abandoned house up there, so I didn't stay long. Also got watched by a cop coming back down. And photos cannot convey how steep that hill was, or how high. It was fun :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Slapped this sucker on. Living in the South, I cannot wait for the hate and vandalism.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MG2HOTa5NE

I got my glasspacks installed :smug:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Kylie Sven Opossum posted:

That sounds awesome! I'm talking my uncle into doing that with his right now.

Haha, it's seriously worth it. $20 per glasspack, using the stock 2 inch piping all the way back. Total cost was about $40 for 2 Red Hots and then another $50 to get them installed, and I couldn't be happier :D

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

At the lower RPMs, yeah, it'll roar and howl like a banshee, but it settles down nicely once you get going. It tends to smooth out into this nice background rumble, not too much louder than the stock mufflers. Honestly though, I love the loudness of it, that's why I went with glasspacks instead of Flowmasters or the like.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Swapped over and fixed the front end of my P71 tonight. Went from looking like this:

To this:

Replaced the header panel and grille, yanked the front license plate mount, and unbolted the cut-off brushguard mounts that had been left on it when I bought it. Massively stoked, between this and my glasspacks getting installed, this car is turning into something amazing :h:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

My tires came in yesterday, so I finally went and got my Bullitt wheels mounted!

Thennn I noticed the fronts were grinding and gouging against the balljoints and had to put the stock steelies back on :sigh:

So now I'm researching how safe it'd be to buy a full set of the thick spacers with lug studs mounted on them so I can use these drat things.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

M4rg4r1ne posted:

How much wider are they versus stock?

Not quite sure. Stock wheels are 16" steelies and running 225/65/R16 tires. These are 17x8 and running 245/45/R17.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

what offset did you get?

+30 :sigh:

They were $200 at a pawn shop and I didn't feel like spending a fuckload of money on eBay trying to find a +0 offset in the same size. It was a case of "Really, really good deal at the time so I snapped it up"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I finally got my proper spacers in :woop:

So stoked. Looks way, way better now :3: