Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rizzo1001
Jan 3, 2001
New Eagle GT's! (and a badly needed alignment)

Ceramic Tint!

[hijack]
Why did the brake job I did a year ago turn out so poorly? I'm getting a bunch of vibration out of the front right rotor pictured here:

So the back story is that I got this '07 civic si used and it came with 4 ECB rotors and pads which I installed. What caused this buildup of gunk? Not bedding the pads/rotors in (which I did not do), not changing the brake fluid/bleeding (which I did not do), the horrible alignment (which I fixed!)?

More importantly what's the game plan to get me where I need to be? New rotors and pads all around, or can I get away with new rotors up front and 4 new sets of pads? Are my calipers junk/in need of some lube?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rizzo1001
Jan 3, 2001

j3rkstore posted:

Its a 2007 FA5

Where'd you purchase said flashpro? I've got an 07 as well with a SRI as the only mod and have been considering grabbing one.

rizzo1001
Jan 3, 2001

Sadi posted:

The biggest to do is fixing the girl friend's civic's AC. I think the pressure switch or the clutch is dicked. Haven't figured out which yet.

Going to guess clutch coil. My 07 and a buddies 08 both started intermittent failure this season and I think a weakened coil is the culprit.

rizzo1001
Jan 3, 2001

PaintVagrant posted:

Im having similar issues as well with my 07 si. What did a clutch coil replacement end up costing you?

e: maybe I misread, and you havent fixed/had it fixed yet

Coil set is $75 on majestic. I'm currently sweating my balls off, intermittently of course. It looks like the job can be done in a few hours, but as you know it's tight in there (also have an si). Having done the idler pully and the water pump twice (ugh), I might consider changing the clutch set as well. With my luck the bearing will go out the following week...

rizzo1001
Jan 3, 2001
Am I the only one not getting road hazard on my tires?