Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
I bought a B&M hammer shifter last year. When I installed it, the transmission cable was slightly too short to start so you would have to start the car in neutral.

I had a machine shop make me an extension so the cable was a few centimeters longer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

Lighthammer posted:

My car has a goatee as of last week. It's not low enough to worry about scraping but it doesn't look like one of those trucks they race in the desert anymore either.

Now I need to clear up those headlights.

then get a Mach 1 Grill Delete to complement the Mach 1 chin spoiler!!!

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
I lowered the Stang! 1.5" drop with new shocks, struts, springs, and caster/camber plates

before with stock suspension

after with new suspension

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

kimbo305 posted:

Which wheels are those? They look like one of the wheels that comes on the 2011 V6 Stang.

they are the FR500 wheels. the v6 just copied me years later ;)

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
I remember when I changed my water pump. It was so drat easy. I only wish that I spent the extra money to get an electric pump. You know for extra 50 hp!

looking at the damage I had no idea it was a water pump problem. I mean the damage is no where near the water pump! I did not know at the time, but when a water pump goes bad a little seep hole opens up and all the coolant drips behind the crank pulley making a nasty mess. In any case I ordered a new $60 pump from LRS, cleaned the mess as well as I could and the car has been good.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
Hello, fellow grill delete / chin spoiler, owner! Stance is all about ride height, and camber degree (if that is your thing)

To get the stance you have to do real suspension mods, In my case my goal is to add everything that Maximum Motorsports makes and put it in my car!

My car had the Bilstein shocks/struts, H&R springs, C/C plates, Full length Subframes, and this stuff below was recently added.

You are looking at adjustable lower control arms, and a panhard bar.

Then you can have a car that ends up looking like this.

Next years mods will be the torque arm and coil overs!

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

SlimManFat posted:

Thanks for noting that. Stance was not the right word. I guess I could say it gives the car a certain boldness?

Also, nice car, kalvick.

thanks, if you do more suspension work instead of engine modifications, you can get a real kick rear end autocross car. which I am going to see about doing next year!

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
Well I have been pretty busy each year, I have progressively been making my mustang more insane with suspension upgrades.

Here is my car with relatively stock suspension, and full length subframe connectors to stiffen the chassis.

Then I got Bilstein Shocks and Struts and H&R springs so the car sits lower. The are set in place with Caster/Camber Plates

I started on working on stiffening the rear end and the lower adjustable control arms and panhard bar.

Finally planting the power to the ground with a Torque Arm

Now all that is left for my car is to get the Front K-member to mount the engine on, coil over all 4 corners, and a sway bar.
anything else I do to help build up suspension is just making the car stiffer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
I installed a trailer hitch and a cargo carrier on my Jeep Cherokee.
This vehicle is so much smaller than my old Ford Escape.

Now I can do dump runs and small landscaping jobs around my house.
No more putting dirty disgusting things inside my new ride.