Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Had my factory S2K wheels refinished. They’ve been sitting in my garage for two years.

Hard to see, but the clearcoat was chipping, there was a little bit of curb rash, and other assorted pitting and damage.

Fresh af

AWRS outside Hershey PA got them done overnight. Literally 24 hour turnaround time, and at under $150 per wheel with tax, it was better than buying another set that probably had clearcoat damage and rash as well. They powder coated the barrels as well as the spokes, then recut the faces and lips. Lifetime warranty on the clearcoat.

Now I have to pick tires…

wow those turned out amazing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Thanks guys. I was definitely nervous about it but the results exceeded my expectations. I’ll have to get a better shot of one when I get home from this work trip that conveniently had a wheel repair shop nearby.

Of course when I posted the “before” on the helldump that is Reddit, I got the comment “why didn’t you just buy AP2 wheels?”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOqb_UzJSUQ

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
you need the organic vapor filter for aerosols

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
cant wait to see how much less weight this k-swap is than the stock lump

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

there's so many good remixes of this joke but

https://twitter.com/TiredActor/status/1583544879656771584

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

nadmonk posted:

Replaced the struts and springs on the Element. I'm not entirely certain, but I believe they are original. So long passed due.

I used KYB quick struts

Glad the kyb struts worked for you, I had to send my pair back to kyb because they were mis-manufactured and the tie rods wouldn't match the taper

I just did the rear struts on mine and even without any real rust I needed to upgrade to a Milwaukee mid torque to free the lower bolt

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
nice pic, still love that green! wonder if they'll do a similar edition for the 2nd gen

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
2022 BRZ and Subaru's paint is so bad that I washed some bird poop off that was on the car for...8? 10? Hours tops? And still had to polish the poop etching out with compound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Oh baby