Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
I installed a Dinan :rice:STAGE 1:rice: reflash on the M3 to rid myself of the top speed limiter, and it had the side-effect of improving my mileage by 4 MPG. Good thing since the car was barely getting its EPA rated mileage.

I also installed an AFE K&N style gauze/oil air filter to increase the volume of the induction sound.

Today I had to add a quart of their $18/qt "Motorsport" 10W60 they sell specifically for the M3. I gotta find a cheaper place to get that stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

kill me now posted:

Yesterday I took the front of my SRT8 apart

To mount an enormous power steering fluid cooler so i don't blow mine out at the track again

Hopefully ill figure out how i want to mount my oil and trans coolers to the top of my bumper this week while i wait for a 3/8" NPT tap to arrive so i can deepen the threads on the oil cooler sandwich adapter.

I'm kind of surprised you track that thing, I would think it'd be like strapping JATO rockets to an elephant.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Wiglaf posted:

jump started it. It only sat for 4 days, I think my battery is kaput.

How is that thing doing, anyway?

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
Cleaned the AFE K&N style filter on the M3 - 6000 miles and it was covered. I can't believe how much dirt the intake system on this car takes in.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
I've done quite a bit to the car in the past few months. The Dinan stage 3 suspension went in, and an Akrapovic exhaust & Evolve-R toon replaced the Dinan "performance" parts. I resold the Dinan exhaust and got some shots of the titanium doing its nifty rainbow thing (it started out grey)

I opted for the CF tips because I liked the black on white look the Dinan exhaust had:

All told worth ~20 rwhp and 25 ft-lbs. Those cats are TUV and MOT legal, I'd have done the Dinan pipe but it had no cats and wouldn't pass inspection in England.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

wallaka posted:

More :rice:

What do you need a a cheater bar for?

For a crank pulley bolt that's torqued to 150 ft/lbs plus 90 degrees. Note the size of the bolt next to the socket.

This should wake it up a bit. 180mm crank pulley. It's good for another few pounds of boost. Uprated intercooler pumps come next.

Pretty easy install, took me about 3 hours. Had to pull the belly pans in order to lock the flywheel, but they were surprisingly easy after dealing with the M3's crap. There were only 8 bolts, all exposed and easily found. The fan comes out through the top after the core support is pulled-another 8 bolts, again easy. Unsnap the coolant hoses from the shroud and it pulls right up. The pulley was on there pretty damned tight, but it eventually came loose and out.

The hardest part was putting the inner serpentine belt back on; the crank pulley is in front of the tensioner now. I finally found a way with the prybar and the rest was a snap. Eurocharged is putting a tune on it in a couple of hours and it's done.

Haha that's a familiar looking USB cable you got there :v:

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Installed my Magnaflow axle-back on the GT500. What mufflers?

Shouldn't the rears on a car with that kind of power be a lot wider?

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Lamar Smith R-TX posted:

2x DIY car wash buckets with "grit guards."

I cut and blistered my right hand to poo poo doing this though, i think you can see some blood in one or two of these pics

each bucket was 3 bucks on amazon, normally $12 apiece... a single 5 gal bucket and one factory-made "grit guard" would easily be $15+, and a lot of people complain that they don't fit properly

I was going to smooth out the cuts but then I noticed my dad was about to wash his + my bro's car so I ran out, gave them to him... he'll serve as guinea pig.

<ud>

after two cars, there's very little grit in the bottoms of the two buckets. I'm gonna add additional, larger holes

What's the idea behind something like this?

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Lamar Smith R-TX posted:

last night

friend gave me this 52mm autometer clock for free, figured I'd drop it in just to hold me over until I find something better. The VDO still moved, but it kept horrible time... (12 hours after setting it it would be 40+ minutes slow)

I am **really** kicking myself for not getting the 3 gauges I wanted on a permanent basis and doing them all at once. Was a huge SOB to work in there.

And of course I damaged my hvac controls... the heater dial is no longer connected to anything, I broke off this little nib

not sure if I want to repair the one I have (maybe drill a hole and epoxy a delrin rod in there?) or just replace the whole drat thing for 90 something.

Clearly you need a turbo in there so you can put some useful gauges in there.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
I installed some GTS plates over the door sills. The stock setup with just body colored paint and three screws looked weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
I installed a seat lowering kit. It was a pain in the rear end but I can sit comfortably in the car while wearing a helmet. Racing the car while hunched over was kind of annoying.