Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Put new tires on my E34.

My old ones were worn, particularly the front ones, front left was losing air, and they were OLD. One of them was from '99, the others from '00 or '01. :monocle: Why do used cars you buy always have crappy old worn tires?

I put on new 205/65/15 Fulda Carat Progresso, which were rated as #1 in ADAC's yearly tire test 2009.

I can't tell much differece in just driving normally and taking turns as it's not exactly a race car, but they're MUCH more comfortable when driving over sett or other rough road. :)

I also used another set of wheels with a nicer design (original BMW Styling 5); cleaned them and put new valves in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Contraband posted:

Any pics? I don't think I've ever seen an e34 with Style 5s.

Here you go. 15 inches of fury. There's only *just* room enough for the stock 302mm brakes :). I took 'em from a 535 that I took apart, and they were a stock option back then: BMW catalog