Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ry
Apr 14, 2003
Installed some free scrap carpet.

Next up.... The Walls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ry
Apr 14, 2003

GTi_guy posted:

Please tell me your keychain has a "Pussy Wagon" tag hanging from it.

Nope

el topo posted:

Ever find that people will flat-out refuse to let you park your vehicle near playgrounds or schools?..

Nope

ry
Apr 14, 2003
So after a few months I finally got around to pulling the head off of my 1997 Saab 900SE with 100K which overheated and blew the HG

Valve cover removed - Everything looks pretty good from above no sludge or build-up.

Head removed - There is rather bad buildup on the intake manifold but I believe that was caused by some radiator/coolant additives and I'm replacing the entire cooling system.

The cylinder walls look good to my untrained eye as you can still see the factory honing.

I assume this is the HG's point of failure, though it had low compression on both #2 and #3.

And finally the valves from below, Notice they are not all seated properly but it doesn't look like a catastrophic event (bent valves?) occurred to me as they are lifted in sets.

I am planning to take the head to a machine shop for cleaning and resurfacing.

Looking forward to getting this car back on the road!