Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
I put touch up paint as needed on the door edges in preparation for badly-needed door ding guards. Last night it rained and I found water in my rear footwells. The rain kept me from preparing the floor for the new carpet and the water makes me wonder where it's coming from as the headliner is dry and I replaced the weather stripping and installed ventshades a couple of years ago. Windows were up, too. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

I mangled 2 seat belt buckles to replace the innards of one of them. What holds the latch in place in my old Caprice is a bent piece of metal that acts like a spring. Decades of use finally caused the driver's latch spring to break, so I pried apart a latch from a Cadillac to retrieve slightly rustier, but less broken spring assembly. They aren't really made to be disassembled, hence the mangling.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

I disconnected my Subaru's battery to reset the security system. That finally allowed me to get the car to give an audible signal when the doors are locked via remote, which is very helpful on sunny days. However, I still haven't been able to get the car to enter the remote programming mode. Until I can, my second key fob is useless. It might have to do with the ignition having been replaced at some point before I bought the car. Different key and whatnot.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Installed aluminum pedal covers mostly because they were $10 and covered up the missing pad on my clutch pedal.

Also installed a Pioneer GEX-P20HD hybrid digital tuner which plugged into my CD deck, which replaced the factory tape player. So far, only one radio station in town broadcasts in HD. Frownie face.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

2000 Legacy L

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

I put it up for sale.:cry:

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

I drove to St. Louis after my first job ended to pick up some alloy wheels and a spare set of tires.

I managed to make it home in time to start my second job. ~250 mile round trip. I didn't drive slowly.

The tires on 'em are too small. I need a bigger sidewall. Also, having never owned run-flats before, I had no idea how loud those things are. They make about as much racket as a howling wheel bearing.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

How much wider are they versus stock?

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

I decided to route the exhaust through the left hole and fuel filler through the right. Pretty sweet mod, eh?

Okay not really, but the original center garnish was cracked in multiple places and leaking water.

A previous owner lost the trim fasteners, so they used stuff laying around the house rather than shell out the $5 for some new ones.

The new center garnish with its lack of broken-ness promises to not drench the back of my head anymore when I open the tailgate.

The tint surprisingly came off in my hands in one piece without any soaking or spraying with ammonia. The heat from sitting in the sun was enough. Any attempt of taking a picture of it after removal just showed a reflection of my dorky self holding a camera and everything else behind the car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

I thought that was a WRX at first, but then I realized the hood scoop wasn't where it normally is...