Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duckjob
Aug 22, 2003
Pack 'n Save has everyday low prices
Some wiring:

Setting up my dash kit:

Tore my dash apart:

and got an email from allshocks.com that my supra mkiv bilstein shocks are on back order until August

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckjob
Aug 22, 2003
Wow, ive been constantly working on my sc300 these past few weeks. So far, i've:
-Mounted new rear tires: Nitto NT05s 285/35/18
-Partially gutted the interior
-Replaced my oem fuel pump with a Soarer pump
-Installed my pioneer 7010BT head unit
-Installed a new pioneer 10" sub on the stock location
-Removed driver side window regulator, now looking for a replacement
-Installed new exhaust gaskets

As for tomorrow:
-Install new throttle body
-Replace old vacuum hoses with new silicone hoses
-Take a brake from all this madness and concentrate on my summer class

Duckjob
Aug 22, 2003
I recently bought a crafstman 1/2" impact and 3/8" air wrench set for $48 bucks so I decided to do some suspension work. I had a set of bilstiens I've been wanting to install and I now have a reason to do so.

(funny note: My dumbass had the spring perch upside down and was wondering why I needed a spring compressor to get the top hats on. Didn't realize this until I was finished and the car had a 5 inch wheel gap on one side.)

New Optima red top to replace a crappy Kragen no-name generic

obligatory illest hellafush JDM picture

I posted this in ClubLexus and didn't realize that it was a mistake until I received suggestions ranging from slamming my suspension, getting spacers and stretching tires. I now hate that place with a passion.

Not Pictured:
-Fuel filter replacement. This drat thing was bullshit and I don't want to talk about it.
-Distributor cap and rotor.
-Fog bulbs replacement. It actually gets pretty drat foggy here in the SF bay area peninsula.

Do do list:
oem blank rotors + pads
junkyard hunting for a fan shroud
50mm spacers + stretched tires on deep dish rimz

Duckjob fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Sep 27, 2010

Duckjob
Aug 22, 2003

Piano posted:

Used? Didn't think those could be had for less than 200ish yet?

I bought them from sears. The tag was marked at $59 but when I was rung up, the total was $48. Not going to argue there

edit: here's a picture of the box:

Click here for the full 537x720 image.

edit 2: Found the link:
http://www.craftsman.com/shc/s/p_10...=6&blockType=L6

Duckjob fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Sep 28, 2010

Duckjob
Aug 22, 2003

PBCrunch posted:

Did you put on the "gixxer_drew" Bilstein/Hyperco home made coilover setup? I put that setup on my 1995 SC400 almost two years ago and it has been pretty awesome.

Not yet, I have yet to order the sleeves and hypercoil springs. The eibachs I have on it right now are pretty decent for daily driving so I might stick to those for a while. I actually know gixxer_drew personally and did some aero concept sketch designs for his time attack eclipse. Besides the hypercoil and sleeve set up, he highly recommends the oem twin turbo springs on bilsteins for street/track.

quote:

If you're messing with brakes anyway consider the 95 LS400 front brake upgrade. You just need a set of 95+ LS400 calipers, rotors and pads. It bolts on except that the dust shield needs to be cut or bent. The 95+ LS400 has rotors that are an inch larger and the calipers have four pistons and the caliper bracket is part of the caliper. I think you might also need the caliper bolts from the LS400. I don't remember. I think I paid something like $100 for a set of used calipers and rotors, then had the rotors machined.

You need to have bigger than stock wheels (95 LS400 16" wheels fit, not all 17" aftermarket wheels fit, most 18" are fine). I have a set of 16" LS400 wheels for my snow tires and some 17" Konigs for the rest of the year.

Im keeping my eye out on a set of LS400 brakes at the moment. I've read that oem TT brake pads (and maybe rotors?) fit the LS calipers, but im not sure about which years are used.

I used to have my Volk GT-Us on my 94 supra turbo, so im sure that it'll clear the LS calipers. I know for sure that the Acura TL wheels will clear them if I ever need a set of snow wheels/tires.

quote:

Is your SC300 a five-speed? Congrats if it is. I want one of those five-speed conversion kits for my 400 really bad, and I have the money for it. The previous owner of the car even converted the car to a five-speed. He swapped it using a custom bell housing adapter he had made, blew up two Tacoma clutches and swapped the car back to an auto trans. The five-speed pedal box is still there, the clutch master cylinder is still there.

Yes, its a 5 speed :) I haven't heard of using tacoma clutches since most conversions i've seen use the oem w58 clutch. I've looked around craigslist and for the price of a w58 out of an SC, the r154 is only a few hundred bucks more if you want a bulletproof gearbox.

Or you can use a w58 out of a MKIII non-turbo. There's one for sale near my area for $100 obo

Duckjob fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Oct 1, 2010

Duckjob
Aug 22, 2003
Bought my subbie an early christmas present

Duckjob
Aug 22, 2003

Jesus, this brings back horrible memories when I flipped my 94 supra on to a tree (I was young and stupid). Glad to hear your wife is okay.

From last night's incredibly difficult suspension install; I swear the lower shock bolts had loctite on them since I managed to kill a breaker bar trying to pop them loose. I installed a downpipe a few days ago and I'll be attempting on the up pipe either today or tomorrow, depending if I hate myself enough to do it.

VVV yes they are, thanks!

Duckjob fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Dec 13, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckjob
Aug 22, 2003
Hella loud Hella Supertones for my hellaflush ride

...yeah, I spent money on a horn for aesthetics :suicide: