Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!
Installed a rear sway bar on the F56 MINI yesterday. Having access to a lift made things so much easier. I had to lower the rear subframe to snake the old bar out and new one in, but it was fairly straightforward.

It definitely works as advertised, the car rotates through the corners a lot better now, even though its on the softest setting.

And I'm just no noticing the missing bolt on the bumper. I wonder if it never made it on at the factory because the rear bumper has never been off the car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

Started transferring over all the speed parts from my old MINI to my new JCW

Intake and JB+ tuner

Lowering springs and rear sway bar (stayed afterhours with my buddy to knock this out)

https://i.imgur.com/IzGovfu.mp4

Took a little over 2.5 hours to do and drat does MINI love them some Torx and Etorx.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

Darchangel posted:

I see that the sociopaths at BMW are still using lug BOLTS.

Forever and always

I am trying to decide if I am really going to be taking the wheels on and off frequently enough to make a stud conversion worthwhile. I had it all set to go, but I recently found out I'm going to have twins (in addition to my current child) this year and I really don't expect to be able to do many track days if at all.

Also yes, I just got a brand new 2dr tiny car fully knowing that I was about to suddenly have 3 kids. I am that idiot.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

heffray posted:

Fairly simple project: even after bumping up to 6 piston calipers (Bremo/GM parts bin upgrade), track pad lifetime is looking worrisome. I haven't had any fade issues, but it seems likely that lower temperatures would help things last longer. I'd previously tried Porsche GT3 control arm scoops, but they didn't catch much airflow and also didn't quite clear the tie rods.

GM's Alpha cars have options for control arm scoops with similar general geometry, so I got a set of CT5V Blackwing scoops for $19 per side. They're attached to a piece of 12ga aluminum sheet, zip tied to the control arm, with screws and jam nuts acting as a stud. Everything clears well, I can take the nylock nuts off and remove them to avoid clearance issues in the off season, and there's a sweet V logo on the part exposed below the rest of the undercarriage. I also made a much smaller heat shield to protect the wheel speed sensor and trimmed off half the stock dust shield, which was blocking the area where the scoop dumps air.

Starting point:

Adapter:

Installed:

Does anyone sell a proper backing plate you can attach a duct hose to? Years ago when I was tracking my SRT8 magnum I had a set and they kept things super cool.

They also never gave me any issues off the track so if you can get a hold of a set it would probably fully solve your pad temp issue