Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King-Kong
Oct 15, 2003
Leader of the Apes
Finally got some new wheels(Borbet Type XL, 18") + tires(225/45ZR18 General Exclaim UHP) to replace my OEM hub caps, and I swapped out the factory radio for something my ipod would get a long with (Pioneer FH-P8000BT):

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King-Kong
Oct 15, 2003
Leader of the Apes

Bud Manstrong posted:

Looks good, man. Lower that thing and say hi to Indie for me.

Indie's appearance was used solely to weed out those in-the-know! By the way, we need to get our trivia on.

Wamsutta posted:

Your car is desperately asking to be lowered.

Yeah -- Nissan made these things comically high - it's on my wish list. But from what I've seen, there isn't much available aftermarket. Just a couple of spring kits, but don't those trash the suspension over time?

King-Kong
Oct 15, 2003
Leader of the Apes
Flogged it around the Gainesville Road Race track!

King-Kong
Oct 15, 2003
Leader of the Apes

Sudden Infant Def Syndrome posted:

Is it for pumping fluid right out of the bottles? That would be awesome.

Harbor Freight sells a few different ones. They were a requirement for me when changing tranny and diff fluid on my Miata.

King-Kong
Oct 15, 2003
Leader of the Apes
Took it to it's first (of many) autocrosses... needs heavy suspension work. Shocks are for women :smuggo:

King-Kong
Oct 15, 2003
Leader of the Apes

Beach Bum posted:

If you think you have body roll, you need to check out my old E30.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZi6ukjOMU8&t=89s

This is the sig someone made for me on my local forum. Somebody get a protractor on there to tell me how :black101: I am.

Oh god, that sig is brilliant. Must have been fun trying to transfer weight in the slaloms with that. How is she sitting these days?

I was jealous of all the other kids on the playground who's rear didn't raise up 1' in the hard braking zone for the turn around.

King-Kong
Oct 15, 2003
Leader of the Apes

Beach Bum posted:

I got the "Drive it like you stole it" award that year for my crazy antics.

A recognition we should all strive for.

King-Kong
Oct 15, 2003
Leader of the Apes

rotarybob posted:

I think this should get its own thread for being so unique, with autocross videos and dyno numbers!

A turbo Yaris at an autox terrifies me. This was at the last autox completely stock, running r-comps on some aftermarket wheels. He placed 9th/53 in PAX times, and 20th/53 overall in raw times... completely stock. Godbless that man.

King-Kong
Oct 15, 2003
Leader of the Apes
Gave the girls a good Spring bath:

FYI -- this Armor All Wheel Protectant: http://www.armorall.com/products/view_product.php?product_id=33

...is amazing on the TT's wheels (not so amazing on the Miata's BBSs).

King-Kong
Oct 15, 2003
Leader of the Apes

DogDodger posted:

Nice. Details on your TT? :) Have a shot of it closer to the Miata? Dimensionally, the Mk.2 isn't much bigger than mine, but it appears big in pictures.

I actually wish I could list all these exciting things I've done to it, but the truth is that it's a bone stock 2008 FWD 2.0L. In fact it still has these HORRIBLE Nexen brand tires on it that the dealer put on to save money, and they make me curse the heavens almost every day.

I've been putting all my money into the Miata as it's my track toy. In fact, the Miata still needs new shocks, alignment, maybe front sways, and a harness + harness bar. After those items I *might* direct some attention to the TT.

I do love looking at the TT, but for now it's just a glorified commuter vehicle. Tragic.

Re: size - I need to take a picture of the entire stable, actually. My GF has a MINI Cooper S. The MINI is the largest looking car of the group (and the most practical). It looks big next to that 95 Miata.

The width of the TT takes a bit of getting used to, but the length is really great, and so is the height. Wouldn't mind losing a few inches off the height overall, but it's a smaller car than the 335i it replaced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King-Kong
Oct 15, 2003
Leader of the Apes

Coasterphreak posted:

You have a supermodel girlfriend, but you leave her cold, alone, and neglected while you take your craigslist whore shopping at the mall, with dancing afterwards.

You won't even buy your girlfriend some decent shoes that suit her, rather that the lovely Chinese imports she's stuck wearing right now. You don't even like the drat things. For shame.

Harsh. She might be beautiful to look at and sit in, but she's high maintenance and always runs my CC bill up whenever I take her out.

...besides, the other girl handles better (there, I said it).