Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

I don't know, I find it hard to take hipster/non-hipster advice from someone with a Brony avatar!
Tore apart the passenger door on the Vette, trying to figure out why the window only worked intermittently.

I thought it might be corrosion on the motor because it seemed to work more frequently when it was humid out.

Turns out, it is the motor, slowly giving up the ghost. The window goes down just fine, but when it come time to push the window back up again, the motor is straining and get really hot.

Also finished the install on the rear security deck on my Jeep, finished the re-install of the exhaust on my Sportster.

Now I just have to either buy some jackstands or find someplace who will do a spring/shock swap on the Jeep for cheap. I have the springs and shocks, just need to get them installed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

I don't know, I find it hard to take hipster/non-hipster advice from someone with a Brony avatar!

FogHelmut posted:

Make sure it isn't the regulator as well, or replace the regulator also if you can. I just did this on my Grand Prix a few weeks ago, except mine seemed to work less when it was humid out. Same problem though, went down fine, had all kinds of issues going back up. I bought just a motor and it worked for a few days until completely locking up in the down position. I got a new regulator and now it works better than the other side.

Where is the regulator? Not in the door on my 95.

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

FogHelmut posted:

The regulator is the thing that the window rides up and down on. The motor moves the regulator. They either sell the motor and regulator together, or separately. I tried to save some money by just doing the motor, but that ended up screwing me in the end.

DOh.. after I posted, I went and looked it up.. I was thinking you were talking about an electric type regulator. I had no idea what that gizmo was named.

Dur....

Thanks for the tip.

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

I installed airbags to bolster my sagging rear end.... With just a couple hundred pounds, the rear of my car would start to drop. With a motorcycle in the back, I would be dragging the exhaust.

I used the bags that go inside the springs, and aired up my shocks. Let it sit for a couple of days, drove it around town... success! The bags held pressure but the shocks still leak a couple pounds a day in pressure with the bike back there. They will be replaced soon as well.

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

Replaced the 8-track player in my El Camino with a Pioneer single din and added some 4x6 speakers to the rear of the cab. This is the first stereo I have ever had with BlueTooth, and playing music wirelessly from my phone is a whole lot of cool.