Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bud Manstrong
Dec 11, 2003

The Curse of the Flying Criosphinx

King-Kong posted:

Finally got some new wheels(Borbet Type XL, 18") + tires(225/45ZR18 General Exclaim UHP) to replace my OEM hub caps, and I swapped out the factory radio for something my ipod would get a long with (Pioneer FH-P8000BT):

Looks good, man. Lower that thing and say hi to Indie for me.

Tremblay posted:

Cobb AccessPort. Surprisingly, stage 1 on a 09 WRX is a noticeable improvement!

Stage 1 on my '05 LGT was a big improvement too, not so much for power but for the way it widened the powerband. I didn't see any mileage hit either, although I didn't see the mileage gains some people claim.

Bud Manstrong fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jul 16, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bud Manstrong
Dec 11, 2003

Tremblay posted:

The torque increase was very nice 1-3k. Doing pulls in 3rd, you really know when the turbo has spooled. I'll probably keep it there since just a CBE doesn't make a whole lot of sense (from what I've read). I'd like to not have warranty issues :). Do you uninstall before heading to the dealership or ?

Depends on what they're doing. If you're just taking it in for oil changes/tire rotations, don't bother. I probably wouldn't even bother for the big maintenance (30, 60, etc.) unless you're throwing a code or they have some other reason to check your ECU. If you get a recall or TSB notice about any ECU updates - there have been a couple for the LGT, don't know about the new WRX - then I'd unmarry it before I take it in.

CBE ... eh. I don't think the '09 WRX has a catted up-pipe, so don't bother replacing that. The next step in the powertrain upgrade path is probably downpipe and midpipe, either catless or high-flow cat depending on where you live and what you want to do. Mufflers are primarily a sound issue, and some guys just upgrade the exhaust and leave the stock mufflers on.

Bud Manstrong
Dec 11, 2003

DogDodger posted:

Pretty cool. I've never seen (nor ever expect to see) a 300 on the track. I have seen one Magnum, but it was a rental.

They're quick. Surprisingly so. We had a guy come to the track last month with an SRT-8, and sure, it's fast and loud, but I was floored by how quickly the thing could scrub speed, especially for a two-ton car. He braked harder and later than most of the cars out there, and the car was shockingly composed under braking. No drama whatsoever.

Click here for the full 1024x683 image.