Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Rocket Salad
Sep 1, 2004

lol what
I checked all my fluids before I clocked in for delivery driving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rocket Salad
Sep 1, 2004

lol what
a few days ago i converted my car from automatic to manual. i've been wanting to do this for, like, ever.

i spilled coffee everywhere in the process :(

The Rocket Salad
Sep 1, 2004

lol what

Lowclock posted:

Definitely. A 525i that he's had since new, apparently. :stare:

This is true. It's a very good car. It's build date is 4/9/92, the day before my birthday :haw:

quote:

Pretty awesome, man. Where did you end up getting the pedal cluster from? I'm kind of having trouble finding a cheap good used one. Mind if I e-mail you a couple questions about the swap?
I got the pedal cluster complete from a little place called Continental Something-or-other near Philly. Email away, rocketsalad (at) gmail, but really, it turns out E34's are super simple. I've never tried this kind of swap before and the whole time I was amazed how basic it really is.

I'm told that grounding pin 25 on the DME will get rid of the annoying TRANS PROGRAM message and binging.

The Rocket Salad fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Nov 19, 2011

The Rocket Salad
Sep 1, 2004

lol what
What you're thinking of is called a "dogleg-pattern," but the MB pattern they're describing is more like:
code:
  1 3 5
,-|-|-'
R 2 4
Dogleg is:
code:
R 2 4
|-|-|
1 3 5

The Rocket Salad fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Dec 18, 2011