Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Step 1. Don't eat anything before going to put these on in 100 degree heat! It's like 2 13 mm bolts how hard can it be??

Step 2. Get completely worn out trying to get the drat hanger out of a seized up grommet. Slide out you loving bitchhhhh!!! (It still has not come out)

Step 3. Complete one side of the exhaust, save the other for later tonight, go inside and die of heat exhaustion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Fucknag posted:

That powder coat finish looks slick.

I wish it was a powder coat finish or anything close. Its Flowmaster, so I guess their "thing" is making stainless mufflers, but putting something resembling shake can spray paint on them. Scratches off really easy. But from behind the car it looks cool with just the tip visible and the muffler blacked out.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Yeah I let some lube soak in there, finally got the job done, with a bonus:

Behold, the Extra Bolt.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

StormDrain posted:

Put the speed bleeders on the front - loosened one at a time and pumped and pumped and pumped - did not get a single lick of fluid through either of them.

What the hell.

Did you empty the reservoir before putting them on? Because that will do that.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

The battery box makes a really good spot for your lunch as well;

What's in the box?

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Changed my intake and cabin air filters because I've had my car a year.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Pirelli P-Zeros?

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Aww you have the wee'est wittle tires I've ever seen

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Fucknag posted:

gently caress gently caress gently caress Ford and their lovely chrome-jacketed lug nuts, I had to replace so many sets of those at Sears because of corrosion (in Florida!) making them pop off. And the underlying steel nut is 20mm, which is a fairly non-standard size (only ever saw one socket that size while I worked there), so 19 is too small and the stock 21mm will strip it if you're not careful.

Get a full set of solid chrome nuts (or just bare steels if he's cheap) and never worry about it again.

Its not even corrosion. I put some new lugs on my 2013 mustang because they were getting stripped after a year of track days (California). Impact wrenches do a number on them I guess. They aren't metric though. They are like 13/16" hex and 1/2" thread I think.

Longpig Bard fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Dec 23, 2013

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Greased up my front sway bar bushings. They were bone dry and creaking like crazy, now they smooth.

Forgot to tighten up one of those collar things that allegedly hold the bar in place or something? Ah I'll get that next year.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

cursedshitbox posted:

Because round one of polishing these giant rear end headlights didn't take.

Gotta pull em back out for a coat of plastic clear paint. That should seal em for 3-5 years like the farm truck's lights were.
These housings are terminally hosed and pretty much on hospice. Much like the farm trucks they only have to last a couple years till I get around to replacing the entire housing with a led retrofit.
It took a few hours for round two. I do not like these enormous housings.

I just finished off my lights this morning. I used Chemical Guys headlight restorer a couple weeks ago, it was ok, like 70% of the haze was gone. So I hit it up again with some 2000 & 2500 wet sanding and more of the headlight restorer but there were still a couple hazy streaks that didn't seem like they were going to go away but they were still better. Today I hit it with some Meguiars Keep Clear and that made the streaks vanish. gently caress yeah.

Before:

After

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Can't get the dealer to lube up my front sway bar bushings because it doesn't have zerk fittings. What the gently caress, just undo 6 bolts and slop some grease on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

poo poo. Coolant.