Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I finally got around to fitting my Koni Sports and TRD springs, replacing my horrible jdmu tyte ohlins kgmm setup. I had to get a friend to fab me up a tool to put the new gland nut thingies onto the strut cartridges.

Also I fitted some oe rear endlinks as the spherical bearing type ones I put on were hosed after a years use and the nuts were threaded as well. Didnt help that I managed to mangle the rubber boot on one of the front set, so I went and ordered a set of whiteline replacements for the front.

Result is every single bump no longer sent directly to my spine and i'm no longer bracing myself for horrible jarring bumps when driving over a drain cover. Although the springs give this odd sensation of falling into the corner which has been reported on mr2oc but im sure i'll get used to it. I'm going to take the car for an allignment once I get off work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Got rid of the pulsing pedal during high speed braking by replacing the old front brake disks which had a massive lip on them and put new carbotech panther plus pads all round. Finally got around to adjsting the handbrake on this drat car, I dont think it's ever been adjusted since I bought it almost 4 years ago.

After going through the bed in procedure I can safely say my car has never stopped so well. That and ebc are garbage pads.

Other things include wiring up the enginebay temp sensor so that the lil fan doesnt run all the time and also finding out the reason my radiator fans run all the time. After some expert advice it seems that because I swapped my old battered uk spec radiator for a turbo one off the car that my drivetrain came from I swapped the fans and everything else into my car. Apparently the turbo rad fans run off a thermistor but uk cars use a different relay, so my fans just constantly run when the ignition is turned on.
Also I managed to find a guy who sells rebuilt celica a2w intercooler pumps as mine sounds like the bearings are dying.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Ahdinko posted:

Cross posting from the Miata thread as before this I had never painted anything more than a fence or a wall in my life and I'm really proud of how this came out.

Me and a friend gave my MX-5 NC a little transformation:

Wow that looks great haha! I've always wondered what you tell the dvla with these colours, although I guess purple would do!

I'm assuming your mate has a decent amount of experience doing these things tho?