Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

omgitstheinternet
Apr 28, 2005

Money, Clothes, and Hoes;
All a Nigga Knows
Oil change, hooray. Probably should have done that 2000 miles ago but I'm a jerk when it comes to changing oil.

update:

also crashed it :(

Click here for the full 600x800 image.

omgitstheinternet fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jun 18, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omgitstheinternet
Apr 28, 2005

All a Nigga Knows
Cut my muffler off, so tomorrow I can put a new one on, although it sounds way too good right now so I'm tempted to leave it until I get a ticket. Also rotated my tires because I realized they were on the wrong sides.

omgitstheinternet
Apr 28, 2005

All a Nigga Knows
Clay barred and waxed my corrado today. The paint is so smooth and shiny, I love it!

omgitstheinternet
Apr 28, 2005

All a Nigga Knows
Pushed it home when it broke down around the corner :(

omgitstheinternet
Apr 28, 2005

All a Nigga Knows
Yelled and screamed at it trying to get the hood open with the broke cable. Still didn't get it. I'll mess with it more when I get back from Chicago in 2 weeks.

omgitstheinternet
Apr 28, 2005

All a Nigga Knows
Replaced the failing DV on my Audi with a forge splitter valve. No more boost leak and I don't care how 2 bi 2 curious it is I loving love blowoff valve sounds.

omgitstheinternet
Apr 28, 2005

All a Nigga Knows

Baby Hitler posted:

When are you gonna pick up the BBS wheels in 18x12 and put some poke on that poor car?

I wish :(

Besides, I'm looking for 17x9 :D

omgitstheinternet
Apr 28, 2005

All a Nigga Knows
Adjusted the stupid forge diverter valve on my car. Seemed to be too loose and leaking boost, it's much better now. Also ordered some parts, including a new drivers side mirror, reading light switches, power mirror switch, and memory seat switch. Oh, and an MTM stage 1 ECU. Anybody want to buy some 3 bar eproms for an Audi urS4/6? I decided I don't really want to mess around pressing them in and got a great deal on the ECU with my stock one as a partial trade.

omgitstheinternet
Apr 28, 2005

All a Nigga Knows
Made it jealous. I'm in San Francisco for the week so I rented a vette :).

omgitstheinternet
Apr 28, 2005

All a Nigga Knows

CatBus posted:

Bringing new meaning to "That'll buff out!"

Just a little buff on the new (old) Scout 800. It was the most oxidized paint I have ever seen. Surprisingly, it buffed out really well. Sadly, the body work underneath is HORRIBLE. It looks good from 20', though! I also pulled a lifter, and rebuilt it, last night. It was clacking so loudly that I was afraid it was a rod knock.

That is absolutely incredible. If I saw those pictures without captions, I'd think that was a before and after painting shots. That is by far the worst oxidation I've ever seen, it looks like it was painted with grey primer 10 years ago in the before pics, and the paint looks great in the afters.

omgitstheinternet
Apr 28, 2005

All a Nigga Knows
Yesterday my used MTM Stage 1+ ECU finally came in after a month of waiting for it. Today I installed it. Only drove it a couple miles and stuck in traffic most of the time so I haven't gotten a chance to open it up and see how much of a difference I feel but I'll be going out later tonight to rip around a little bit.

omgitstheinternet
Apr 28, 2005

All a Nigga Knows
I'll just sum up the past 5 days. Put new wheels on it, adjusted the coilovers, noticed a violent vibration while driving, put it on jack stands, adjusted the coilovers, continued to vibrate violently, tested wheels on another car, adjusted coilovers again (up, this time), changed back to old wheels, tightened and retightened everything, screamed, cried, continued to be hosed, put new wheels on again so it will at least look good in the garage, gave up.

:(

omgitstheinternet
Apr 28, 2005

All a Nigga Knows
Today: replaced passenger side axle
Yesterday: replaced passenger side tie rod and motor mount, fixed loose transmission mount
Tuesday: replaced drivers side axle

Still haven't fixed whatever is causing my car to shake on acceleration :argh:

omgitstheinternet
Apr 28, 2005

All a Nigga Knows
Replaced my drivers side axle again, turns out the one I had installed last week was defective. No more shakes!

omgitstheinternet
Apr 28, 2005

All a Nigga Knows
I bought it!

omgitstheinternet
Apr 28, 2005

All a Nigga Knows
Radiator and thermostat on my 9000 Aero yesterday, no pictures because it was god damned cold and dark out when I did it. No more coolant leaks, at least.

omgitstheinternet
Apr 28, 2005

All a Nigga Knows
Been doing a whole lot to my recently purchased Jetta Coupe VR6, so I'll make this a 'What did you do to your ride this week' post.

Bead blasted and painted my ported/polished intake manifold
Sanded and painted roll cage cross bar
Installed new door mirrors (that actually have mirrors in them!)
Removed rest of dumb roll cage
Removed headliner, recovered in black fabric, installed again
Removed old seat belts (unnecessary due to 3 point configuration)
Vacuumed the hell out of everything while the seats were out
Built a fancy shmancy wooden rear deck-lid out of some spare ikea flooring to cover up nasty mess p/o did cutting the old one out

To do in the next week:
Install ported/polished intake manifold
Sand/paint entire roll cage (and then sell it)
Replace thermostat/thermostat housing
Replace plugs and wires
Change oil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omgitstheinternet
Apr 28, 2005

All a Nigga Knows
Had my new Bridgestone RE-11's mounted, removed my aftermarket intake and reinstalled my stock intake for a dealer service tomorrow, gave it a much needed wash and wax, vacuumed the interior, and cleaned/re-oiled my air filters so they will be nice and fresh when I put them back tomorrow evening.