Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

solarbeam
Nov 29, 2005
I installed some 5000K DDM Raptor HID kit into my e85 Z4 (yesterday) It had halogen projectors already with a sharp cutoff line so I decided I didn't want to drop $5,000~ on OEM BMW Xenons so I went with a cheap aftermarket HID kit. I can see again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

solarbeam
Nov 29, 2005
The HID kit I said I bought earlier in this thread started flickering slightly. Then last night it was like a goddamn rave party then it finally went out.

I ripped that HID kit out and learned my lesson: never buy an aftermarket kit. So I went and bought me some Sylvania Silverstar Ultra halogen bulbs and installed them.

Goddamn it's a bitch getting to the headlights on a BMW Z4 :(

solarbeam
Nov 29, 2005

Baby Hitler posted:

You'll do it again in a few months, Silverstars are garbage and are super overdriven to keep decent light output for that stupid white blue filter.

Nah, I'm done with the headlights. The ballast completely died and they're just kind of unreliable. I think I'll save up and do a retrofit in the future and use only OEM ballasts, bulbs, etc.

Yeah Silverstars aren't the best halogen bulbs but after driving last night with the Ultra's they're pretty nice IMO. Well, nicer than regular stock ones, though I think I should've just bought some XtraVision bulbs which are 100% color coated free and cheaper and last longer :(